What can you do with Twinkies?

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
I need some ideas for an appetizer for the ExPo Trophy Event.
I was thinking of using Twinkies...maybe hollow out the cream and put a jalapeno inside. ;)
What other ideas would be good for such a delectable delicacy?

safari.gif

(OK, so it's been a bit slow and boring today. Bear with me...)

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Bearing with you..im in the same boat.

How about a Classic.. Smores? I don't know anyone that can turn down good smores!

kcowyo

ExPo Original
DaktariEd said:
I was thinking of using Twinkies...maybe hollow out the cream and put a jalapeno inside. ;)

Toss the cream filling, fill 'em with Rhubarb jam and drizzle melted chocolate over 'em. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side and a mint leaf, done.

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
kcowyo said:
Toss the cream filling, fill 'em with Rhubarb jam and drizzle melted chocolate over 'em. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side and a mint leaf, done.

What no stick? :shakin:

BogusBlake

2006 Expedition Trophy Champion
spunky2268 said:
Deep fry them 'til crispy & golden brown. Then top with blueberry pie filling and a dusting of powdered sugar. Really! I saw this here : http://www.sptimes.com/2002/06/26/Taste/The_Twinkie_transform.shtml

:chowtime:

You beat me to the punch!

I've actually done this. It's REALLY good. In fact, it's better if you batter them first in some kind of sweet batter- Tempora works well. Fry them hot and fast- the crispier the better, but be careful not to evaporate the cream.
I don't really like blueberries that much so I pressed some raspberries through a fine strainer to make a thick syrup and drizzled that.

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Oh, Geez....
And I was just messin' around.
Now I gotta come up with something!!

safari.gif

BogusBlake

2006 Expedition Trophy Champion
Desertdude said:
Yesserie - the proverbial rock and the twinkie...

According to some members, if you put that twinkie on a stick, those are two are one and the same...

paulj

Expedition Leader
A long time ago I saw in a newspaper several 'geek' recipes. One was for a layered dessert using Twinkies as the base. The other layers were things like marshmallows (or marshmallow fluff), chocolate syrup, M&Ms, Dream Whip, etc.

paulj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94