What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
ordering a bunch of gear for this years season. Some dirty dog netting, a new set of quadratec moab wheels, new goodyear territory 33"s, teraflex diff covers, tailgate hinge, some skid row off road skids, and vector off road e dock, ufos and tailgate table. More to come as well im sure!

WininUtah

Adventurer
ordering a bunch of gear for this years season. Some dirty dog netting, a new set of quadratec moab wheels, new goodyear territory 33"s, teraflex diff covers, tailgate hinge, some skid row off road skids, and vector off road e dock, ufos and tailgate table. More to come as well im sure!

You'll love it when the boxes start coming! Not so much when the CC bills start coming! ;)

WininUtah

Adventurer
I liked mine, but you have to rotate them often. Like every 2500 miles or at least I needed to.

Out here, SW Utah, we get terrible mileage on our tires, heat and maybe the type of road surface. I do rotate every 5-6K and still didn't get more than 30,000 on my last set of Hankook M/Ts. Friends back East do much better!

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I ran a set of hankooks on my F150. rotated a lot. they were great, but the carcas started separating around the tread blocks, fearing a blow out I got them replaced free of charge with dynapro at's. I could not chance that again. I am excited to try the goodyears as they are a d load range tire that are over 10 lbs lighter per tire than the coopers I ran last year, and actually lighter than the 265s I run in winter.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Hmm... mine are wearing very well. 75% tread left after 4 years, and I only rotate them once a year. Ok, I don't do a lot of miles on the XJ anymore, so maybe that is it. Also have a good alignment...that helps.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Finally got 5 minutes of dry weather on a weekend (in the daylight) so I installed my Seward Offroad Mono 26 LED backup lights. UBER bright.

Also finally managed to get my Genright license plate light/4th brake light installed. Pretty simple, just have not done it yet, until now. Works great (updated with pics)

Reasonably bright too!

4 little red 4th brake lights...lol

I also washed 5 months worth of grime and crud off of the XJ. It has been sitting (mostly) waiting for the suspension to be fixed, so I only drive it on weekends now. I haven't washed it since out trip in September. Man, it was NASTY, where do all those pine needles come from?

Last edited:

StrykerX

Great Lakes Xterras
Roof Rails and Cross Bars

Not needing a full blown roof rack I decided to made my own setup.

Yakima universal rails added to hardtop.

Custom cross bars made from 1" square tubing.

Not completed yet but getting close, more real estate available on the cross bars than I expected.

nitromud

Not completed yet but getting close, more real estate available on the cross bars than I expected.

Piece of advice,I learned this the hard way, but put caps on the ends of those tubes. They will catch wind going across the ends and howl like crazy.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

BADDANDY

Adventurer
He did as I see them in the pics. I like your DIY crossbars. I just received this from the brown man for my 2 door JK. $112 shipped. My rails will be 50" apart.

Attachments

• proline-mule-roof-luggage-racks-lrg.jpg
    proline-mule-roof-luggage-racks-lrg.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

WininUtah

Adventurer
I put these Ace Rock Slider on a while back. They make an excellent step for my wife, as well as adding protection. We'll add some 3M non-slip tape when it get's a little warmer.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

Timgco

Adventurer

Any chance you can post up a pic of the inside where your rails bolted through? please?

Kymcmahon5

Observer
Ok I didn't know where to post this but quick question. I know its been asked before. Got $3000 to spend on an older jeep. Should I get an xj or go with a yj? It will be my daily driver and weekend wheeler/ camping rig. I had a 2wd Comanche a few years ago and loved that thing. Never died on me and it was abused hard. Just want to see what you guys think.

Good question for the jeep forum as a new topic, for me it would be determined by what kinds of trails I was hitting and how much stuff I needed to carry

StrykerX

Great Lakes Xterras
He did as I see them in the pics. I like your DIY crossbars. I just received this from the brown man for my 2 door JK. $112 shipped. My rails will be 50" apart.
At 50" apart, which I'm assuming you mean measuring left to right of the vehicle, you might run into some issues. The hardtop on the inside is double walled for added strength, joining the sides of the hardtop with top portion of the hardtop. Mounting surface also angled. I had to choose a spot on the inside of the last roof strengthening ridge on either side to get a clean mounting surface. You'll see what I mean in picture one below.

Any chance you can post up a pic of the inside where your rails bolted through? please?

1/4" - 20 Stainless Steel Hardware used.

Feel free to PM with questions, don't want to offend anyone by taking over this thread with my roof rack.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94