What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Welcome to FEEP. You're not the first person I've heard who has had problems with a dealership under Fiat. Good luck.
There are good and bad like all brands. Some are total scum and others are great. Just have to play their bs game which sometimes requires being a dick.
Oh, I completely agree that there are good/bad all around. It just seems like I'm hearing a lot more lately where current jeep dealers are failing customers. Some are small issues, some are major things. Sad thing is jeep (feep) likes to ride the historical coattails of the name, sad they are creating a reputation of not standing behind their customers. Time will tell if they fix this or let it go further downhill.

HAFICON

Adventurer
Pretty much...
They noted in the service receipt they were unable to perform the repair due to vehicle modifications. I really don’t care I will take it to STARR motors they also are a dealer but they build Jeeps and other vehicles also have an off road course so they have a clue about what to do. It is a sensor behind the dash that has to be replaced it is not like bumpers or lift affects that. Frustration I have to drive an hour and a half one way for service but is what it is I built my Jeep knowing I would have issues at certain dealers.

Zeiderman

Adventurer

jswift716

Adventurer
Found a use for my old Alice pack

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That’s awesome, did you just run the strap through the spokes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I did. I'm trying to figure out how to turn the frame into a jerry can mount now

Thanks, I have both of those collecting dust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well now you've figured out what to do haha glad to help

jakegrovephoto

Fabbed up a quick bracket to replace the snapped bar pins on the rear shocks of my XJ.

Trying to think of any better methods of mounting the shocks without cutting into the cab, otherwise may remake these a little bit beefier and weld it directly into the factory crossmember system.

theksmith

Explorer
Fabbed up a quick bracket to replace the snapped bar pins on the rear shocks of my XJ.

Trying to think of any better methods of mounting the shocks without cutting into the cab, otherwise may remake these a little bit beefier and weld it directly into the factory crossmember system.
had that same problem on my XJ that came from Ohio many years ago... both sides snapped the bolts off up inside the unibody when i tried to remove them. i fabbed up a quick solution kinda similar to that JKS product. mine was just a piece of square tube welded between two vertical plates. i bolted each plate to a "frame" rail on each side of the unibody and then put a couple long bolts through the tube for the upper shock mounts, one pointed forward and the other pointed to the back.

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader

had that same problem on my XJ that came from Ohio many years ago... both sides snapped the bolts off up inside the unibody when i tried to remove them. i fabbed up a quick solution kinda similar to that JKS product. mine was just a piece of square tube welded between two vertical plates. i bolted each plate to a "frame" rail on each side of the unibody and then put a couple long bolts through the tube for the upper shock mounts, one pointed forward and the other pointed to the back.
It's a very common XJ (and others) issue. My '01 had two broken and the other two snapped when trying to remove them. I'm cheap so I fabbed a similar deal for mine. I took it a bit further by removing the body brace and sandwiching the "frame rails". It gave me upper shock mounts and upper brackets for airbags.

jakegrovephoto

Interesting. I’ll have to look into that rail style more while considering the geometry of the shocks. The current setup doesn’t ride bad at all, just thinking long term durability as well.

Lucky j

Explorer
Not today, but lately.

I had misfire and other code issues with my 2005 LJ. Something that was solved last year, but came back with a vangence. So I went to basic. Check if I had installed the propect spark plugs, with was ok. But decided to look at the gap. Dang, that thing was all over the place on all spark plugs. With an average of 0,60. Adjusted everything as per the hood sticker, reimstalled everything, erase all the code, and after a few drives that totales about 250 miles, nothing has come back.

Time will tell.