What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
Almost pulled the trigger on a winch today for the Jeep. Gonna wait till the end of the month to save up a little bit more money.

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
The 4x4 swap meet is this Sunday. You could probably score a deal on one there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Me being me, I'd like to buy new. Plus Warn has fixed pricing on their stuff, so it's usually the same price no matter where you buy from. I don't know why but I was on Cabela's website and searched Warn and they actually carry their stuff. I figured they would have some ATV stuff on there and what not, but when I searched they actually had winches for autos as well. I have a gift card to Cabelas with almost 80 bucks on it and I have this point system at work that you can cash out your points for gift cards and one of them is for Cabelas. I have another 250 dollars I can use there. So I don't have to pay as much out of pocket. I'm trying to use any "free" money I can so the wife doesn't get mad at me when I buy stuff for the Jeep, haha.

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
Northridge usually has a booth there and cash talks.

I'm all about supporting Northridge. But since Warn has fixed pricing, it's the same every where. I'll be able to save more money with the gift cards I can get from work from our "point system" we have here. Plus if I were to ever have to worry about warranty work or anything that has to do with the winch, I have to deal directly with Warn, so it's not like I need to worry about going back to the big box store and have to deal with their customer service for warranty work.

I know during the holidays Northridge said something about not being able to do any discounts on the winches cuz of a new price policy or something. They only were able to do stuff with accessories.

orangeTJ

Explorer
Mine had to go back to the dealer to get a new driver's side cylinder head installed - yep, it had the "cylinder head problem" that some 2012s develop.

I picked it up, it runs super quiet once again. I haven't driven it much within the last week though.

Bennyhana

Adventurer
Mine had to go back to the dealer to get a new driver's side cylinder head installed - yep, it had the "cylinder head problem" that some 2012s develop.

I picked it up, it runs super quiet once again. I haven't driven it much within the last week though.
I'm hoping they figured this out for the 13's

Justincredible

Adventurer
I bent (straightened) the headrest posts on my JK so the headrest no longer tries to push my chin into my chest.
Much more comfortable now.

Oh and hi. I'm new to Jeep, just picked up a used '12 Wrangler.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Greased ball joints, tie rod ends, track bar and sector shaft brace, outer axle seals (boring).

The best thing I did today was finalize my order for a new Ursa Minor J30 top! Can't freaking wait!

nigelish

Nigelish
Nice install pilsopo, thinking about fitting that myself any feed back would be good, myself just purchased a Warn Tabor 12k for install before weekend desert driving.:)

Nigelish

theksmith

Explorer
tested out the tablet's interface with the steering wheel buttons a lot. seems to be solid, just need to clean up the code a bit

JKJenn

Adventurer
I added the Rugged Ridge wiring harness and a pintle receiver to get ready for the M416 I am picking up next weekend. :)

WP_20130310_001.jpgWP_20130310_002.jpg

pilosopo

Adventurer
Nice install pilsopo, thinking about fitting that myself any feed back would be good, myself just purchased a Warn Tabor 12k for install before weekend desert driving.:)

Nigelish

It'd be easier if you bought the complete kit.

I already had the portable version of the compressor, so I only bought the bracket. I had to make spacers, source assorted hardware, etc.

I actually just cleaned it up with factory style, plastic tubing. Looks OEM now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles