What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

elliottblackwood

Adventurer
First phase of my suspension refresh is essentially complete.

2" BB
Bilstein 5100's
265/70/17 BFG All-terrains
Addco rear sway bar
Moog SSD107 steering stabilizer

eIHhjNY.jpg

BP2UzDD.jpg

XJSuperman

OhIOWAn
Took it out in the mud! And went shooting as well. Vid will be posted to youtube later. It was pretty greasy in the 50deg day on frozen ground.
GOPR7973crop edit.jpg
And yes, thats the best I could do considering its 3 hours from home with no trailer and i was basically "wheeling" (loose term) alone. Bigger tires on offset rims will be coming soon I hope, time to ditch those worn out 235s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q47uem89ttY

Last edited:

comptiger5000

Adventurer
I took it out and rallycrossed it yesterday. And by the end of the day, I pretty much just said "screw it" and beat on it like it was trailered. Still made the 100 mile drive home with no issues!

FlinthillsBen

Flatlander
I got the tail gate to open all the way after being shut for 30 years and ran the engine for 30 minutes with fresh fluids.

b58603e4604d8f1b7c42ca8bde52acb5.jpg

069c45a0d003d164397bc66736cd4233.jpg

The engine needs an overhaul however....

FlinthillsBen

Flatlander
Thanks been in the family for four generations since new. The second generation gave it a full restoration before passing it on. Getting a new clutch bolt set - but that is for a different forum...

lysol

Explorer
Modified my Tuffy Underseat Drawer with a Kiddie Touchpoint lock. No more darn key to get into it. (This was not plug and play. It took me a couple of hours of drilling, bending, and securing to get it just right)

IMG_3837_zpsbn3fiq3t.jpg

IMG_3836_zpsebpmgi1e.jpg

IMG_3841_zpsjfsmepxg.jpg

XJSuperman

OhIOWAn
Trying to get a couple little things done and caught up the last day or two. Today I rewelded the top front bar on my brushguard. Initial welds were really thin and cold between my homebrew flanges that allow the brushguard to bolt together vs the factory method of slide-together tubes and such. One of them finally let go so I fixed it.

Before this I replaced the axle-side ujoint in my front driveshaft. About time, original only lasted 160,000 miles, almost on the dot. Used a NAPA "SuperStrength" greasable joint. Have the same one in the axle-side of my rear "front" driveshaft and its been good so far. (I have the SYE-with-factory-front-driveshaft-in-the-rear thing going on right now.)

Also threw my rear corner plastic back on until I actually motivate myself to build or buy a rear bumper.

evaliquette

Observer
Recycle/reuse. Used this old bbq shelf and some left over toilet bolts to do me a nicer tray table. Cost $0.00
Well, if you don't count the $700 shiny new Weber grill that permitted this quick little project
1244ac863ff6f09f194d2c83e5b30f01.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M35A2

Tinkerer
Final installation of my quick-and-dirty between the seats platform for my YJ after painting. I wanted a flat surface to lay stuff on.

IMG_2297.jpgIMG_2296.jpg

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Heavy arsed battery install.

Finished the battery install. Now I just have to get all that crappy accessory wiring removed and a new accessory harness made. :)
Right after the hernia operation for lifting that lump of lead into place. :REExeSquatsHL1:

Attachments

• Battery-holddown-installed.jpg
    Battery-holddown-installed.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 66

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior