What did you do to your Expo Jeep today?

briandamge

Ripped out all the carpet and installed the Bed Rug Vinyl floor kit. Really like it and cleans it up nice.

How was the install? Do you notice any difference in heat and sound isolation? How did you decide between BedRug and BedTred?

Sorry for the bombardment, I've been really looking into these. No carpet currently, can't take the noise anymore!

jhalbrooks

Last week: Installed Teraflex Adjustable upper and lower control arms in the front, replaced ball joints, added adjustable trac bar
Today: Received new Bilstein shocks for all 4 corners
Tomorrow: Ordering Eaton Lockers (front and rear), new gearing both ends 5.13, Swap Dana 35 in the rear for Dana 44, order adjustable control arms for the rear, new Tom Woods drive shaft
Officially name the JEEP "Money Pit", "Black Hole" or "2nd Mortgage" for all of the $$ we are sinking into it!

Somecallmetimm

Adventurer
YAY! A new project!!! The first jeep I've had in about 4 years, and the first automatic
Right now I plan on upgrading the wheels and tires to some that aren't bald, then take care of some maintenance issues and drive it. Eventually it'll be my camping rig.

New jeep by Tim, on Flickr

The stats.
1997 XJ Sport
4.0 HO
AW4 auto
NP 231
Non-CAD HP d30 front
8.25 rear
It needs... a radiator, tires, steering gear, brakes, paint, and a thorough cleaning
I already have a set of 5 16" rims off a ZJ with fairly new tires. Those will go on this weekend.

I'll start a build thread once I get things rolling on it.

dozrmn

UPS destroyed my Smittybilt trail cage . One call to Morgan at their customer service and a new one was on the way . I offered to make it work if I could get a new dash bar or a cover to cover the dents and scratches. "Sir , you paid for first quality and we will settle for nothing less !"was their response .I have a whole new respect for them .
We installed coil spring retainers, bump stops, and Bilstein remote reservoir shocks. Removed coil spring spacers and replaced goofy skinny metal fenders with Rough Country tube fenders. Next week 37 inch Toyos and a Poison Spyder carrier.

jswift716

Adventurer
YAY! A new project!!! The first jeep I've had in about 4 years, and the first automatic
Right now I plan on upgrading the wheels and tires to some that aren't bald, then take care of some maintenance issues and drive it. Eventually it'll be my camping rig.

New jeep by Tim, on Flickr

The stats.
1997 XJ Sport
4.0 HO
AW4 auto
NP 231
Non-CAD HP d30 front
8.25 rear
It needs... a radiator, tires, steering gear, brakes, paint, and a thorough cleaning
I already have a set of 5 16" rims off a ZJ with fairly new tires. Those will go on this weekend.

I'll start a build thread once I get things rolling on it.
A daily/mild camp rig? 3" low center of gravity trim on 33x10.5 was my best set up for that. Could go almost everywhere and still got 400 miles to a tank on the highway. Definitly interested to see where you go with it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Somecallmetimm

Adventurer
A daily/mild camp rig? 3" low center of gravity trim on 33x10.5 was my best set up for that. Could go almost everywhere and still got 400 miles to a tank on the highway. Definitly interested to see where you go with it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Mild camp, back roads explorer. Mild lift, 31", custom fab bumpers, winch, roof storage.

Currently, working on replacing radiator, steering box, shocks and tires. Progress will be slow, but it'll be fun!

ratled

Adventurer
With the mud & snow in the high desert, and no real good anchor points always at hand, I wanted to have something with me for an anchor point to winch off for self extrication. Pull Pal is pricey, sorta of works and really requires 2 people to work didn't fit for me. The cheaper knock offs while cheaper, are something I can't trust. I decide to go with a 3-2-2 picket anchor point system for about $50. Many times I have vertically hung myself, 2 others and gear off a 1-1-1 picket system so I am comfortable using a 3-2-2 as an anchor point for the Jeep

Here are the bits & pieces I got. I up graded from the rope and windless to appropriate rated ratchet straps.
3-2-2-.jpg

Here is a sample of what a 3-2-1 system looks like assembled. A 3-2-2 is just a little more rugged. The attachment is at the bottom of the 3 stakes to the left and the direction of pull is to the left
picket-2.jpg

ratled

Last edited:

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
DSC01719.JPG

DSC01715.JPG

and...

DSC01707.JPG

DSC01711.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads