What did you do to your Mitsubishi today?

Jay Ayala

Explorer
IMAG0204.jpg

IMAG0205.jpg

IMAG0207_1.jpg

jlocster

Explorer
Man, my water pump sprung a leak at the gasket after only 40k miles. Note to self, never use hylomar as a sealant again. I don't know why I didn't use the tried and true Permatex aviation sealant I'd been using for the past 20 years. Lesson learned.

Rather than take everything apart and just seal up the gasket, I decided to go ahead and change out the water pump, timing belt, tensioners, crank/cam seals and thermostat as well...not a fun job, so I hope it lasts the full 60k miles this time.

Had the alternator and starter rebuilt for good measure because at 150k miles I figured it was time.

Last edited:

JamesW

Adventurer
I've been trying to source a power steering leak, it isn't the pipes or the Union on the top so I'm stumped. I might go ahead and fit a different one rather than ******** about with the one I have now

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
Planned for upcoming repairs

Ordered new front driveshafts due to cracking boots and one that is clunking on me (outer boot ring long gone for who knows how long), also ordered new shocks and diff carrier oil seals. Might do ball joints at the same time. Working on a 98 with 200,000 on it. All the stuff I'm replacing is factory original.

Marutuk

KK6WFB
Nothing too special this week, took mine off roading last weekend, but it'll go to the shop on Monday for some loving. :)

zwalcheff

Yesterday i pulled the front diff out of my truck, cleaned it in a pool of gasoline and installed an aussie locker. Today i will be reassembling everything. I also replaced the driver side rear cam o-ring seal (previously i had only replaced the driverside one).

20150410_152755.jpg
20150411_134708.jpg

Jay Ayala

Explorer
I renewed my steering linkage. New inner and outer tie rods. New adjustment sleeves. New Pittman arm. New idler arm. Then I performed a preliminary alignment with my laser level. The result has been awesome. No more strange creaky noises and odd thumps. And the preliminary alignment pulls slightly to the right so I'll be taking it in to the shop to get professionally aligned.

8bec4b69974e67d3929243dfffb61e14.jpg

Marutuk

KK6WFB
Dropped mine off at the mechanic to get a new bumper installed as well as some checking up after a few good off road trips :)

Lets see;

Last weekend:

1. Fixed air pressure gauge airline leaks
2. Mounted hot shower
3. Trimmed some rubbing plastic
4. Got the breather valves set right finally

This weekend:

1. Wiper blades
2. New AC fan
3. Wire manual switch for AC fan
4. Mount fire extinguisher with a Drake Billet Aluminum quick release

MascotRejct

Adventurer
I finally got my hitch installed yesterday after crossthreading one of the weldnuts in the frame on Monday. Rented a tap and die set from autozone, and prayed like hell it would actually work. Turns out, it did, and now I just need to hook up the wiring harness for the trailer lights on the boat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne