What do you consider to be the best cookware kit?

campyhappy

I usually just have a good set of cast iron cookware whenever I'm out in the road. It cooks your food well and you can use it on an open fire. It's kinda high in maintenance but I know with care it will last long.

Etzu

I've used scores of different sets of the years. My favorite is the GSI Hard Anodized. Light, scratch proof, no teflon, light, doesn't scorch food. I've made eggs and crepes on it. You can't do that with many other types of cookware.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Does anyone make just a carbon steel set? I like carbon steel as it seasons like cast iron. My hand hammer wok is super non-stick at this point and easy to clean....just too big for what I want in the backcountry.

Thinking of going with a carbon skillet, but would love if someone made a nesting camping set.

Cast Iron is great, but just heavier than thinner walled carbon cookware.

jgatliff

Father, Husband, Outdoorsman, & Adventurer.
Does anyone make just a carbon steel set? I like carbon steel as it seasons like cast iron. My hand hammer wok is super non-stick at this point and easy to clean....just too big for what I want in the backcountry.

Thinking of going with a carbon skillet, but would love if someone made a nesting camping set.

Cast Iron is great, but just heavier than thinner walled carbon cookware.
Lodge has some carbon steel options: