What do you use for a truck gun?

JakeH

Adventurer
Still no takers on that mossberg shockwave? I'm interested to see if actual owners hate it as much as the reviewers did...

perterra

Adventurer
Luckily I don’t feel the need to pack for a trip to the grocery store. If I’m in my truck around town, I don’t bring a gun. There’s no need. As I said in my post, my truck gun is not for 2 legged predators.

That is all mine is for

LD5050

Still no takers on that mossberg shockwave? I'm interested to see if actual owners hate it as much as the reviewers did...
I’ve got one, no complaints. But I didn’t expect miracles out of a $300 14” 12 gauge shotgun. Shoots pretty much the same as the 18” model 500, just with a funky handle and a little more recoil. I prefer the grip over traditional for vehicle carry, you can shoot from a much higher hand position (as long as you’re prepared for the kick)
It’s a self-defense/critter gun for my truck, it doesn’t need to be a Benelli ;)
Heck, at this price I’ll probably pick up a few more for the house.

Reactions: WVI

robert

Expedition Leader

Most of the reviews I've read have been positive if the reviewer went in with an open mind and understood the purpose and limitations of the design- which some obviously don't. It's based off of a US Marshal's design and works well within a fairly narrow set of parameters. That said, there are videos of folks hunting with it and there is a SB brace kit for it; it's also a good route to go if you plan to stamp it (SBS). If nothing else, it's worth it for pointing out the ridiculousness of the arbitrary laws making up much of the NFA rules.

Nope, I don't own one but I've thought about it just because. ?

redthies

Renaissance Redneck

One of the old timers on Henry Rifle Forum has 2 or 3 of the Shockwaves and says he loves them (obviously he must with 3). I don’t have much use for a shotgun like that, but apparently there is a market for them.

LimaMikeMike

Observer
JUST finished an AR 10/STAG 10 in .308 Win ! Now to give it a run!
Just ordered a Stag 10 from FOC this past week, can’t wait!?

I’ve lugged around a Fabarm SDASS pump 12ga for many years. 14” barrel and fits in my pack nicely. The Benelli next to it is an expensive toy.525004

Trikebubble

Adventurer
I just bought myself this early birthday present; a Marlin Trapper, I'll probably rotate between it and the short 12 gauge (an ATA Etro 8) when out hiking. I have an Eberlestock Gunrunner pack with a built in scabbard that is really nice. I built a compartment in the rear storage/dog platform area where the rear seats used to be to keep the short shotgun, or the Trapper. I've always wanted a lever action, and this just caught my eye. She is sitting patiently in the gun safe waiting for me to take her out the for the first time.

I'm still using that Chinese Mosin as my normal Truck gun but added a Mossberg 500 12ga for trips.
Finally broke down and said 115years is long enough and retired the old side-by-side. Who knows how many deer that old girl has taken. She'll just have to look good in my collection now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke