What is It?

desertrover

Adventurer
Not quite sure where to put this, but what is this truck? i assume it's operated by the Japanese Defense Forces. I caught this example on Iwo Jima, but i've glimpsed a similar truck in Okinawa. Unfortunately, I had my wide angle lens fixed when I happened to see it, thus the wide shot. Any ideas? It sort of reminds me of my 404 with the cabover and flatbed.

IMG_8709.JPG

Last edited:

desertrover

Adventurer
Cool! That Type 73 seems to be it.. the cab lines are the same. The only visible difference seems to be the rear wheel well recess on the outside of the bed. Bed variations could very well be variation within military models. 95 horse and 2 metric tons on hard surfaces.. I imagine it drives alot like a 404 as well. I looked around a bit and didn't turn up the Toyota.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
I should give Rhino credit. I was googling 'isuzu SKW' when I ran across pix of the Toy 73.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Cool! That Type 73 seems to be it.. the cab lines are the same. The only visible difference seems to be the rear wheel well recess on the outside of the bed. Bed variations could very well be variation within military models. 95 horse and 2 metric tons on hard surfaces.. I imagine it drives alot like a 404 as well. I looked around a bit and didn't turn up the Toyota.

This bed looks the similar:

Type73chugataold.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94