What to look for when buying used?

Finatic Angler

Adventurer
I found a Truck Camper on the Interwebs. What should I look for when buying it?

Are there certain points i should concentrate on?

(It is a Four Wheel Camper BTW)

davidshourd

Adventurer
mold, holes in the pop up fabric, jack leg attachment is solid, soft spots on the part that hangs over the cab, anty sort of rot, wear tear on the wood where the eye bolts attatch the camper to the truck.

Finatic Angler

Adventurer
ok so the gentleman says it had a leak at one time. Not sure if it still does.

He also says that the front has to be popped up by something other that the mechanism. Maybe it was hit while on the stands? (Shrugs)

The price seems to be good but not sure if I am biting off more than I can chew.

Will call four wheel campers today

Thanks J

eugene

Explorer
I haven't seen how 4wheel makes their roof but most seem to be wooden sides just like popup camper trailers. Those get water inside between the inner and outer layer of skin and rot. Mine looked like mulch.

davidshourd

Adventurer
I haven't seen how 4wheel makes their roof but most seem to be wooden sides just like popup camper trailers. Those get water inside between the inner and outer layer of skin and rot. Mine looked like mulch.

FWC = aluminum for framing members.

Stan@FourWheel

Explorer
Hey Printer

If you want to call me I would be gald to give you some pointer on what to look for.

If you can point me to a picture of the camper for sale (maybe the craigslist ad) I can walk through it over the phone with you.

If I can see pictures I will be able to tell you SO much more about the camper, what to look for, condition, fit issues, etc, etc.

Thanks

stan the man

PS: the roof frame will be aluminum

:)

Attachments

• roof frame sample 1.JPG
    roof frame sample 1.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 33
  • roof frame sample 2.JPG
    roof frame sample 2.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited: