What Truck for family of 5, 3 kids that are getting BIG!

fowldarr

Explorer
I have a 2012 crewmax with the bench up front. I love everything about it. And you can sleep in the bed with the tailgate down, but I prefer a tent.

yarden

Observer
We have three boys (10, 8, 4) and they do great with the third row in our 4runner. We just set one of the third row (leave the other down) and then still have great storage space in the back (enough for Costco runs for a family of 5). When we need both 3rd row or even more space we use a Thule XL625 on the Gobi and have plenty of room to spare. I actually traded a 2010 Chevrolet Crew Cab LTZ for the runner to give them some room and my wife thanks me for the change... no more complaints or fighting from having to share one seat row.... and I get 6+mpg better on average, plus the offroad prowess, than I did in the Silverado, even with all of the mods I have done to the Runner.

Raul B

Explorer
I have a family of 5 ranging from 2yr- 14yr old in a crew cab F150 and it works out great. with all my mods i get about 16mpg

Paul777

Well I've made no changes in vehicles yet. We test drove some current Gen tundras and we really liked them. However this will be our only vehicle as I have a company car and the wife would like to stick with a 3rd row suv. I'm now considering a first Gen Sequoia, some good local examples around here sub 100,000 miles from 12 to 17k depending on trim levels.

Paul777

We had an 87 burb way back so naturally my wife just says get a suburban but I'm leaning more towards the Sequoia. There's a lot more room behind the third row than our Explorer. Also our Explorer has ctr captain chairs so a ctr bench would allow us to put all 3 kids in ctr seat when we need the storage space. And words of wisdom? Should I be considering anything else? What should I look for option wise in the Sequoia? I think I'd want the updated engine which was 05 I think.

drobb

Adventurer
Our '05 Sequoia has been awesome...lots of room (3 kids and a dog)....removable 3rd row seats...1 or both.....the 4.7 V8 is a great engine also. Here's a pic with the 3rd row removed. Lots of tie downs with the seats out....fold the 2nd row up and you have 6ft to the back of the folded seats.....great for sleeping if needed.

Good luck with your search.

sequoia_rearcargo.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior