Wheel/tire setup. School me

littlehandegan

Ok So I am getting a 2003 G500.

I want to run a 285/75/18 Open Country M/T. which is equal to 34.8/11.2/18.

Will this fit on a stock G?

I also want to run a XD Hoss wheel in a 18x9, What offset should I use 30, 18, or -12?

I wont be doing heavy flexing , just muddy trails for hunting etc.

Input?

zimm

Expedition Leader
im guessing too big. you may want to get taller r&p's with 35's too. just my opine.

Fernweh

Supporting Sponsor
I didnt even think about gearing, good thought....

You do not have to think about gearing....with a G-500, plenty of torque and power in the M113.

I would look for original Mercedes 16" wheels, the original wheels (18") have an ET 43mm.
Anything < 43mm might look like a Mexican Hot-rod and the mud flying high.

littlehandegan

I may stick with the OEM 18' G wheels, But my concerns are with the tires fitting....looking for some real world input, I see people run 315's etc

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
cannot speak to it fitting, but great tire in a great size- I run the same thing on trucks and they fit where they're not supposed to d/t the minimal width. Interested to see how they work out.

somesnowday

See here -

http://www.4x4abc.com/G/35.html

I know it can be done on your 463 but they don't just bolt on. You need to remove the front inner fender wells and make a few other adjustments. I just picked up a Puch G320 w463 and I am planning on putting 32" tires on which I had on my 300GD and liked them a lot. I wouldn't do anything between 32 and 35 as most people regret it and move up to 35s or back down to 32s.

-
Craig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles