where are the Porsche cayenne expo builds?

Cayenne-958-TDI

Interesting article
Jaguar Land Rover Sues to Ban VW Group's SUV Imports to America
JLR wants to block cars like the Porsche Cayenne, Lamborghini Urus, VW Tiguan,
and more from coming to the U.S.
Also interesting is that Roman at FLC received their new Defender and
" You Really Won't Believe What's Happening With Our Broken Defender... It's Complicated! "
First one requires a replacement engine, now awaiting their third Defender

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Had a two inch lift from @Eurowise installed. Of course I don't have any before measurements. The car sits noticeably higher. Rides just the same as before.

Attachments

• thumbnail (4).jpg
    thumbnail (4).jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 71
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 72
  • thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 61
  • thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 71
  • thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 74

Lovetheworld

Hey guys,
Do you know if this extra bodykit was a factory option at the time? I mean the black edges around the wheel arches and the front and rear bumpers.

The sidesteps I see more often, does that mean it got the off-road package? Or isn't it that simple?

https://www.autoscout24.nl/aanbod/p...?cldtidx=7&cldtsrc=listPage&searchId=7c6b6f25

Edit: It seems this is probably the off-road design package as discussed here: https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-2003-2010/69602-tt-with-offroad-package.html
I am not sure though. It just about the looks, and it is not the same as the offroad technical package which features all the gizmo's like detachable sway bar and rear locker.
However, a car can probably have both.
It was probably option code PA1 or PA2, as it matches the description but cannot find any pics.

Edit2: And the sidesteps I see on lower trim Cayennes too, who clearly don't have any off-road package.

This car does not come with the rear swing out carrier, that was probably a separate option, not in packages.
Edit3: I've got to pay better attention, it did come with the original swing out carrier, but it is missing now. Ah well, maybe a nice point to fabricate something on.

But this car is interesting, as it is a stickshift S version. If it comes with the offroad package and a stickshift, I like it.
However, buying a 2004 V8 version, non turbo, might be a bad idea. In those years the engines were not that good yet.

640x480.jpg

Last edited:

Lovetheworld

It is probably this one:
PA1 - Off-Road Design Package: Wheel opening moldings, Side platform step, Under body protection for engine
But cannot find any pics online.

I have asked the seller, will see.

Lovetheworld

Ok I got some pics. It doesn't have the rear locker or the detachable antiroll bar.
The spare wheel carrier is with the car, but it is broken.
The car is a bit special in that it has the spare wheel carrier, and it is a manual V8, and seems to have some kind of offroad design pack. However, I cannot find any option code on the sticker referring to an offroad design pack.

Since the 2004 models V8 engines weren't that good, I'm not very willing. I would take that risk I guess, if it had the difflocks. I mean, finding one with a manual and all the offroad gear could be worth taking some risks.

emix84

Hi everyone! I've been investigating turning a 09-10 957 Cayenne into an off road / overlanding vehicle. From the knowledge I've gathered it seems possible to retrofit the advanced off road tech package, but has anyone actually done it and at what cost? The cars equipped with this option seem to be unicorns, especially in the diesel version that I'm after. I've actually expanded the search to include every engine, and still no luck finding one, so in a way it's better because I really want the range of the diesel car, and have conceded to the fact that if I want a rear locking diff I'm going to have to retrofit one.

Also I have another question for anyone that has equipped an air suspension 955/957 Cayenne with the Eurowise lift kit (3 inch lift + 1 inch subframe drop). Does it still retain the functionality of the air suspension? Can you still raise it further if need be in off road mode? Does it require modifications to the geometry?

Thanks!

Lovetheworld

The offroad package has much more gear than the rear difflock. But I would bother with the stuff like detachable swaybar etc. Depending on how you overland I wouldn't even bother with the rear difflock. I think it will be very capable already with the lift and bigger tyres.

emix84

The offroad package has much more gear than the rear difflock. But I would bother with the stuff like detachable swaybar etc. Depending on how you overland I wouldn't even bother with the rear difflock. I think it will be very capable already with the lift and bigger tyres.
I'm planning to do a trip from Colombia all the way south to Patagonia. It's something I've always wanted to do and I'm starting to prepare in anticipation, as soon as it's reasonable to ship the car over there and travel restrictions are lifted, I'll do it. Probably (and hopefully) next year.

Lovetheworld

I will be honest that I don't have experience in South America, my experience is in most of Asia, including remote parts and highest motorable passes, deserts and the like.

I am pretty sure a standard Cayenne (preferably air suspension, or steel with 100$ lift kit) will get you everywhere, even on the original wheels. Even though you can make the car better with the mods, I would keep it simple. I also want a Cayenne with a rear locker, but I am pretty confident I don't need it. Because I never had a rear locker and got everywhere, with like a quarter of the horsepower a Cayenne has.
So if budget is limited, spend it on the trip itself.

My current idea of a Cayenne is a 955 petrol 3.2 with manual (is a japanese reliable gearbox) with steel suspension with a 100$ lift kit and some bigger tyres in a common size. Thats it. That is the most reliable way for overlanding to drive a Cayenne (this or 957 3.6)

But yeah, I am also eyeballing the hybrids, which are much cheaper to run, are less capable offroad but will get me to most mountaintracks anyway.

Last edited:

emix84

I will be honest that I don't have experience in South America, my experience is in most of Asia, including remote parts and highest motorable passes, deserts and the like.

I am pretty sure a standard Cayenne (preferably air suspension, or steel with 100$ lift kit) will get you everywhere, even on the original wheels. Even though you can make the car better with the mods, I would keep it simple. I also want a Cayenne with a rear locker, but I am pretty confident I don't need it. Because I never had a rear locker and got everywhere, with like a quarter of the horsepower a Cayenne has.
So if budget is limited, spend it on the trip itself.

My current idea of a Cayenne is a 955 petrol 3.2 with manual (is a japanese reliable gearbox) with steel suspension with a 100$ lift kit and some bigger tyres in a common size. Thats it. That is the most reliable way for overlanding to drive a Cayenne (this or 957 3.6)

But yeah, I am also eyeballing the hybrids, which are much cheaper to run, are less capable offroad but will get me to most mountaintracks anyway.
The 957 diesels were never made with a manual, only auto. I like the diesel because of the range, something I think will be useful, also in my country I pay a lot less emissions tax on it compared to the V8s or V6s.

Hopefully I don't need a rear locker as these seem truly hard to find. I've yet to see one for sale in Europe, and I've been searching for a couple of months now. I'm not planning any big mods, just a lift kit, bigger tires and a roof rack.

Do you know if using a lift kit preserves the functionality of the air suspension? Will it still raise and lower properly in off road mode or at speed?

Lovetheworld

I was referring to a lift kit for steel springs, I don't know about that Eurowise kit, ask them. I think there are kits available that raise the air suspension while retaining functionality.
I really wouldn't bother with lifting the car when it came with air suspension. The ground clearance of a standard Cayenne in its highest setting is already pretty good. Put on some big tires and be done with it.
Wasn't it close to 30cm ground clearance with air in highest setting and standard tires? That gets you everywhere except rock crawling. Increase it with some nice tires that allow you to air down more (so more rubber, less rim)

Please check diesel availability. In Asia diesel is the first fuel to go missing or to go really bad quality that "modern" engines don't like it. But you probably already did that.
The extra range is nice but probably not necessary.
But yeah the situation here is different, we pay high road tax for diesels (because there is less tax in the fuel) and more and more cities are closing for diesels.
On the other hand, a diesel Touareg is pretty cheap because of all that. I have seen them from 2000 euro and up.
However, those are not the best versions (the 2.5 tdi) and yeah, there is lots to replace for lots of money if there is a defect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94