where are the Porsche cayenne expo builds?

DrewTheBrave

I spotted a 957 Turbo with 18” wheels and the Off Road Technology Package (all the switches in the console) for sale online.

Dealer does not appear to know what they have. There is no mention of it in the description, and only a fuzzy picture I had to save and blow up to see the Anti Roll Over Button.

It’s on the west coast so I can’t go see it, but will send a link if anyone is interested.

Has 115k miles and they are asking $17K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm in SoCal, might be interested if it's nearby.

sonnystile

What does that button look like? I've been on the fence about going down the Cayenne road and slept on an awesome CPO rig a few months ago. So there was no rear "locker" ever correct, just the air suspension and electronic modes to modulate the ABS and off-road modes?

b05a34cf401cd42f860159e8dccf8ca0.jpg

That’s the tell tale button.

The switch on the left is:
Low range
Center diff lock
Rear diff lock

That button is sway bar disconnect.

The other two are self explanatory.

sonnystile

Man, you really had to use SuperZoom to see the switches....

I spotted the factory sliders and went looking!

Dealer has three or four Cayennes on the lot and ALL the other ads have better pictures of that switch…

kwill

Observer
I just committed to a 2013 Cayenne GTS and will be making some changes for overlanding. No rock crawling or mudding but forest service roads and some more serious 4WD trails, e.g. the RimRocker trail. The car currently has 22" rims on it so I need to figure out what is the right size tire/wheel combination. I've used BFG KO2s, Falken WildPeaks and Nitto Trail Grapplers and probably liked the Falkens the most. A roof rack, light bar and spare tire carrier will be added and I would appreciate recommendations for these.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I just committed to a 2013 Cayenne GTS and will be making some changes for overlanding. No rock crawling or mudding but forest service roads and some more serious 4WD trails, e.g. the RimRocker trail. The car currently has 22" rims on it so I need to figure out what is the right size tire/wheel combination. I've used BFG KO2s, Falken WildPeaks and Nitto Trail Grapplers and probably liked the Falkens the most. A roof rack, light bar and spare tire carrier will be added and I would appreciate recommendations for these.

22 inch rims are much too large for off road use. There is no sidewall to protect the rim when aired down or hit a rock . I have 18 inch rims and have had no issue.

I am currently running Nitto Ridge Grapplers and I am happy with them. I run a Wilco Offroad tire carrier but like the RIGd tire carrier better.
IMG_20181016_142547828.jpgIMG_20181016_142625460.jpgIMG_20181105_055842275.jpg1.jpgIMG_20190811_101350_292.jpg

kwill

Observer
Thanks, Mike, I appreciate the input. I should have been clearer that the first thing I plan to do is pull the 22" wheels off and replace them with 18", assuming they'll fit around the brakes. Who makes your light bar? How are the propane bottle and water jug attached to your spare--straps?

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris

Cool build! BTW, have you done the RR from Montrose to Moab? There's a couple spots that may enhance the appearance of your Cayenne. Have fun!

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Thanks, Mike, I appreciate the input. I should have been clearer that the first thing I plan to do is pull the 22" wheels off and replace them with 18", assuming they'll fit around the brakes. Who makes your light bar? How are the propane bottle and water jug attached to your spare--straps?

The light bar was made my local fabricator. I used Bug-Out-Rack for the water ,propane mounts. I have a Eurowise 2 inch lift.

Cayenne-958-TDI

We run KO2s for three season, studded Nokian Hakkapeliitta's for winter. All 255/55/18s on stock P-car wheels. Hakka's have been especially good for ice racing, last time on the Yukon River at Dawson City. This will be our 958 diesels 10th year, 1st year did a season of autoX both won our class to wear out the P-car tires. Most of our 125k miles have been off-road. Travels from the frozen Arctic Ocean at Tuktoyaktuk, many BDRs, Moab, Chihuahuan desert and more. Our 958 is stock, lift kit not required with air suspension. We have added body protection - full skid plates, rock sliders, bush bar. External spare tire, two 20l Scepter cans, Trash-a-Roo, and Maxtrax all mounted to a Wilco Hitchgate. Internal roll bar prevents gear from coming forward in an accident. We also mount our Come-Up winch to the roll bar that pins our ARB fridge to one side and our Group 31 battery in a National Luna case to the other. Light bars do not work well for what we do, prefer four individual lights up front where we can change the light pattern and color as needed. A self healing Xpel wrap was one of our best purchases, photo below. Our set-up also works well when having fun at the track with our RS America - note on trail we only keep one spare up top.
Xpel wrap small.jpg

Otis & RSA Track Ready.jpg

kwill

Observer
Thanks for your response. Can you share the mfr. of your armor? Is the Xpel wrap expensive? I love your rig but I won't be doing ice (I hope!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles