where are the Porsche cayenne expo builds?

Cayenne-958-TDI

Thanks for your response. Can you share the mfr. of your armor? Is the Xpel wrap expensive? I love your rig but I won't be doing ice (I hope!)
10 years ago only custom fabrication was available for Cayenne's. We have not seen a need for 'lift kits' these are now available along with more established sources like Frontrunner that makes a lot of gear like roof racks, a drawer system for pre 958 Cayennes but should also fit them too, etc. The Xpel wrap is not expensive - cost comes to play for the install. If you want everything removed/replaced (badges, door handles, etc) that and quality of install are what brings the cost up. We had ours installed many years ago and it has definitly paid for itself vs what we would have paid for repaint and detail cleaning.
In addition to extended off-road trips, we also do endurance rally most in the warmer three seasons. The winter events usually include an ice race. The Hakka's have proven their worth on snow covered trail runs. Our longest rally to date was ten days - 5,500 miles one way. The most severe rally weather was in 2020 where temps got down to -40F, 60mph winds, blizzard, -90F windchill - 'Otis' is at 4:08 in this 2016 video:

Sunrise Mountain.jpg

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
We run KO2s for three season, studded Nokian Hakkapeliitta's for winter. All 255/55/18s on stock P-car wheels. Hakka's have been especially good for ice racing, last time on the Yukon River at Dawson City. This will be our 958 diesels 10th year, 1st year did a season of autoX both won our class to wear out the P-car tires. Most of our 125k miles have been off-road. Travels from the frozen Arctic Ocean at Tuktoyaktuk, many BDRs, Moab, Chihuahuan desert and more. Our 958 is stock, lift kit not required with air suspension. We have added body protection - full skid plates, rock sliders, bush bar. External spare tire, two 20l Scepter cans, Trash-a-Roo, and Maxtrax all mounted to a Wilco Hitchgate. Internal roll bar prevents gear from coming forward in an accident. We also mount our Come-Up winch to the roll bar that pins our ARB fridge to one side and our Group 31 battery in a National Luna case to the other. Light bars do not work well for what we do, prefer four individual lights up front where we can change the light pattern and color as needed. A self healing Xpel wrap was one of our best purchases, photo below. Our set-up also works well when having fun at the track with our RS America - note on trail we only keep one spare up top.
View attachment 716855

View attachment 716856

My biggest regret was not getting the air suspension.

kwill

Observer
I'm glad to hear you say that since mine has air suspension. Since it is the GTS version it is 20mm lower than "normal" so I'm considering the Eurowise 2" lift.

Cayenne-958-TDI

I'm glad to hear you say that since mine has air suspension. Since it is the GTS version it is 20mm lower than "normal" so I'm considering the Eurowise 2" lift.
With lots of miles and many years our air suspension has been trouble free. We have done a lot of technical trails and never felt the need of getting a lift kit. We do mainly multiple week off-road trips vs weekend rock climbing. If rock climbing / mudding was our interest there are better vehicle choices for that.
Photo from the Northwest Overland event held in Plain, WA. We have attended for seven years, they have again asked 'Otis' to lead trail runs this year. Photo was taken on the technical course where driving technique and line are taught. Highly recommend attending a similar event where you can see what gear/set-ups are available and learn from courses taught. The instructor to the right in the light colored shirt competed in the original Camel Trophy competition.
NW Overland Rally - much more fun & family oriented than Porsche Parade.jpg

kwill

Observer
What size tire/wheels are on Otis? Mike, what about yours? I tried your links and the blog gives me a security error and the IG account appears to be dead.

I'd like to go to such an event but I don't know of any in Texas or surrounding states.

Cayenne-958-TDI

For 'Otis' we have the stock OEM 18" wheels with stock sized 255/55/18 tires. Note we purchased locally two additional sets of the same OEM 18" wheels from folks giving us 12 wheels. Six wheels with KO2s and six with Hakka's gives us two full size spares. Being remote on trail even with a tire repair kit this will get us much further than a donut spare!

If you are a PCA member, Randy Wells in the December 2016 Panorama magazine did an 11 page article on our Cayenne 'Otis' scroll down at link for this issue with the red 959 cover:
2016.12_OtisCayenne_0 small.jpg

For more of what we do try this link -

Where are you located? With the growth of "Overlanding" there are many clubs and events most places. We have had four Cayenne's at the NWOR in Plain, WA -- they also hold events in Colorado and BC Canada - https://www.overlandadventurerallies.com/
Photo of a NWOR trail run we led, they asked us to led runs again at this years event -
NWOR trail run.jpg

Last edited:

tbisaacs

Adventurer
For 'Otis' we have the stock OEM 18" wheels with stock sized 255/55/18 tires. Note we purchased locally two additional sets of the same OEM 18" wheels from folks giving us 12 wheels. Six wheels with KO2s and six with Hakka's gives us two full size spares. Being remote on trail even with a tire repair kit this will get us much further than a donut spare!

If you are a PCA member, Randy Wells in the December 2016 Panorama magazine did an 11 page article on our Cayenne 'Otis' scroll down at link for this issue with the red 959 cover:
View attachment 717094

For more of what we do try this link -

Where are you located? With the growth of "Overlanding" there are many clubs and events most places. We have had four Cayenne's at the NWOR in Plain, WA -- they also hold events in Colorado and BC Canada - https://www.overlandadventurerallies.com/
Photo of a NWOR trail run we led, they asked us to led runs again at this years event -
View attachment 717093

I was on this trail ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I should mention in order to keep the manual tranny I had to keep the list of options limited. Add Zenon headlights lose the manual transmission you know the drill.

Cayenne-958-TDI

Last edited:

kwill

Observer
Porsche Cayenne Offroad
A place for all things relating to Cayenne Offroad enthusiasts and adventures!
www.planet-9.com
www.planet-9.com

I wish there was more activity here. Lot's of potential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94