Where are you going for Labor Day?

Bergger

Explorer
I am just curious about the types of trips or plans the rest of you have for the Labor Day weekend. We've been doing our annual Labor Day camping trip for the past 7 years. Kind of a tradition now. Each year we pick a different spot in Colorado. This year we are setting up base camp near Monarch Pass. We plan on doing Tomichi Pass Road and checking out the Alpine Tunnel. On the way back to camp we'll probably take Middle Quartz Creek Trail. We also plan on doing some fishing and just sitting around the fire relaxing. Has anyone here ever done Tomichi Pass? I'm just curious. So what are your plans?

whipp

Observer
I don't have any plans, which probably means I'll be kicking back, taking it easy, maybe read a book. I might get really wild and organize and our garage.

I've traveled over Tomichi Pass more than a few times. While not difficult, the north shelf road near the pass can be a bit narrow. There are excellent trails, scenery, and history in that area. Great fishing too. That's my favorite area to explore.

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
North...to a cooler clime...

safari.gif

big sky trapper

Adventurer
Not to many places we can go yet till we get some serious rain or snow, most everything is still burning. So Were staying around the house this Labor Day. Might try and do some day fishing on one of the resivoirs....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94