Where do you guys buy tires?

Hoplite666

If you're not purchasing some plus size specialty tires the absolute best places to buy tires is going to be Costco or BJs Wholesale club.
The price is typically same as tirerack. Yes you pay tax but both costco and bjs charge something like 15 per tire flat rate for install which includes all the lifetime warranties for balancing, rotation, flat repairs and their own versions of road hazard warranty. That package will save you $$$ down the road if you're like me and actually rotate and have the balance checked every 6-8k miles like is recommended.

PacS14

Adventurer
Good info! Yeah I bought the 33s on the Montero on 4wheelparts they had two discounts going and a online order glitch game me the discount on each tire, so I got them for like $140 I guess they fixed the glitch now...lol

Doing_Dirt

Got mine from 4wheelparts. My co-workers son in law is the manager and gave me a small discount. Took it over to a small mom and pop store for installation. Need one more for the spare.

PacS14

Adventurer
I paid $989.95 shipped for the set of five 33x10.50 ko2's, pretty good deal.

Yeah that was the going price everywhere, but 4wheelparts had doubled a discount on tires for some reason someone screwed up and I got 5 for like $750 with taxes same size as you, but they fixed that glitch lol

Superduty

Adventurer
Americas Tire is my favorite. They really want to make the sale so they will work hard to price match. They have lifetime balance and rotation. They always seem to provide service with a smile as well. They matched 4WPW price for me recently - It was a buy 3 get one free and they pay the sales tax deal.

I go in there after every offroad trip and have them rebalance tires/wheels.

I have not, however, purchased their certificates. Certificate is their road hazard warranty. The fine print says it is only good for 3 yrs 36k whichever comes first. Every salesman tells me it is for the life of the tire, but nobody wants to put that in writing for me.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Americas Tire is my favorite. They really want to make the sale so they will work hard to price match. They have lifetime balance and rotation. They always seem to provide service with a smile as well. They matched 4WPW price for me recently - It was a buy 3 get one free and they pay the sales tax deal.

I go in there after every offroad trip and have them rebalance tires/wheels.

I have not, however, purchased their certificates. Certificate is their road hazard warranty. The fine print says it is only good for 3 yrs 36k whichever comes first. Every salesman tells me it is for the life of the tire, but nobody wants to put that in writing for me.

My ko2's came with a 6 year warranty, but luckily I have never needed their warranty since I bought my first set of bfg's in 1999, 4 sets of ko's and 2 sets of km2's since then without issue.

Superduty

Adventurer
My ko2's came with a 6 year warranty, but luckily I have never needed their warranty since I bought my first set of bfg's in 1999, 4 sets of ko's and 2 sets of km2's since then without issue.
A 6 yr warranty from America tire? Are you talking about their certificates, ie their full road hazard? Or are you referring to a treadwear warranty .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jadmt

ignore button user
tirebuyer.com is hard to beat pay attention to their discount codes as they change from time to time.

Westy

Adventurer
4wd.com shipped. Often good discounts, no tax. Discount or wherever you get them mounted will still do free rotations, balancing, etc and if you pay for certs will honor.

PacS14

Adventurer
Well last night I was looking into where to go, I almost went through 4wheelparts then I remembered I always wanted to try the threadwright tires, yes they are re-threads but they are a local company here in Houston and seem to have some good reviews and some not so great, their price was the lowest obviously, but more than anything I was intrigued by them being local to me and their good reviews, I'll update this thread and see how it goes, I ordered 4 LT AT Axiom, I'll try and have them mounted as soon as I get them. I'll let you guys know how they do. Specially long term that's what I'm wondering.Screenshot_20190217-103449.png

Superduty

Adventurer
Looks like a good savings for the retreads, but safety wise it's not worth the savings for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Well last night I was looking into where to go, I almost went through 4wheelparts then I remembered I always wanted to try the threadwright tires, yes they are re-threads but they are a local company here in Houston and seem to have some good reviews and some not so great, their price was the lowest obviously, but more than anything I was intrigued by them being local to me and their good reviews, I'll update this thread and see how it goes, I ordered 4 LT AT Axiom, I'll try and have them mounted as soon as I get them. I'll let you guys know how they do. Specially long term that's what I'm wondering.View attachment 500076

Why not 5 tires?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior