Which Ball Joint?

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
There's tremendous value in doing the legwork to track down a part and offer it for sale. Just saying that information travels across the Internet easily and quickly so if there is a reason to pay the asking price it is worthwhile saying so.

evomaki

Observer
Yeah, I'm with Shovel. I really like ADD and have bought lots of stuff from them. I'm grateful to have them around. Look at all the cool stuff they are pulling together. Not one complaint from me.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Just to remind everyone, i have ZERO involvement with Adventure Driven Design so if there are any issues I'm not the guy to contact.

Back on topic, i think I'm going to try another set of OEM UCAs but this time from the UAE. I think there's less likelihood of me getting a new 25 year old part again, as you guys may recall i bought new OEM balljoints (arm assemblies) from the dealer and the UCA bushings disintegrated on the Rubicon. They were dry as a store bought Thanksgiving turkey, I'll keep everyone posted.
Alternatively I'm thinking about making a caster adjustable UCA with rebuildable joints for my '98 but that's mostly so I can run coilovers for my "street tune". Not sure if it's a good idea or not but we'll see, i want the truck to have a really nice feel and control.

SONICMASD

Adventurer
I think that's a good plan, PartSouq goes through their stock way faster than local Mitsu dealers. One thing I've done before and you can too, is send them an email with the part numbers and ask them how old the inventory is/if it has been sitting for a long time and they were happy to answer.

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
I think we can also all agree that it’s doubtful that any aftermarket supplier is engineering stuff for our trucks with the Rubicon in mind. No one should complain when stuff fails after severe duty & abuse the way I’ve seen on some of the trail videos posted here......unless someone is making a claim that it’s rated for extreme heavy duty stuff isn’t going to last very long. Anyone with any kind of motor sports experience knows this.

Reactions: plh

plh

Explorer
Profit motive is fine but in the Internet Age when inevitably the circle is closed trying to do 1400% margins doesn't project a good image.

1400% on what? IIRC, ADD had these available before RA had them listed on their site. ADD kit price is about $10 a joint higher than RA. So much butt hurt here.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
1400% on what? IIRC, ADD had these available before RA had them listed on their site. ADD kit price is about $10 a joint higher than RA. So much butt hurt here.
I have no skin in the game, sorry I said anything. If buyers are willing to pay the price a supplier is asking then the circle is closed and the market works.

It just sounded like one of the companies was pulling from the same limited pool of suppliers and marking things up a lot. That's not unusual, which is why it's important to be an informed consumer.
Kinda like their $7 rock auto brake lines that got the "ADD treatment" and listed for $100 or some-such nonsense.

Reactions: plh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles