white ball transfer case lever

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Picked `up another one yesterday. Replace your failing red ball shift lever in your 97-00 Montero before you get stuck in 4wd or stranded in the middle of nowhere with a grinding transfer case, price is $80 firm and includes shipping.

Attachments

• 20180608_202153_resized.jpg
    20180608_202153_resized.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 20180608_202207_resized.jpg
    20180608_202207_resized.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 55

swiftstar

Picked `up another one yesterday. Replace your failing red ball shift lever in your 97-00 Montero before you get stuck in 4wd or stranded in the middle of nowhere with a grinding transfer case, price is $80 firm and includes shipping.
If it’s still available I’d like to buy, also able to pay through PayPal

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I had to replace mine with the red one...
I'm going to model it up and make one out of delrin and see how that works.

There was a guy here selling Delrin balls on eBay a while back, I think they may have just been the Thailand made replacement fulcrum balls. One of my homies here did the Thai ball replacement with good results. It's a little more involved than just replacing the complete shift assembly with an older one. If you make some from scratch be sure to make a new thread and maybe get a few guys in on that action.

The rest of you guys need to keep buying up these white ball shifters, even if your red ball is still good. They're only going to get harder to come by.

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
I actually coughed up the cash and bought one new from Mitsu when I had my blowout experience 2yrs ago. It was red. It’s brand new though....or at least had been sitting in a warehouse since the late 90’s. I’m hoping my truck rusts out before I need to replace it.....wait.....it’s already rusting out. Hmmmm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior