White Rim May 2-3 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Okay, looks like I'm eating my own hat and stating I MAY actually be in Moab for CM (though not a formal participant). As such, anyone interested in doing White Rim May 2/3?

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I'm gonna be out in Moab this week, too. Not a part of CM06 (although I might end up at the same place at the same time on a run, never know). I'm gonna be in town Thursday thru Sunday (Fruita Wednesday and Glenwood Monday), so White Rim won't work out for me. If your plans change and you want company later in the week, get a hold of me. I'll have CB on channel 4 and the ham on 146.520, absent any reason to move. I also have a cell phone, I can get that number to you off line if you want. I'm planning right now to mostly be riding the bike and camping.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Man, I'm so dense sometimes. I only have a dual band in the truck (2m & 70cm), but I can use 6m on my HT. No 11m other than the CB, though.

Edited to add:
I also monitor the Colorado Connected Repeaters, which cover the whole state. From the White Rim at the White Crack Overlook C.G. I am able to open the Grand Junction repeater. It's not noise-free, but it's understandable. That repeater is 145.355. It, like most all the ColCon repeaters, is 123 Hz PL. If you want to try that, I'll be mostly monitoring those repeaters while driving over and should have a better chance of hearing you Wednesday or Thursday morning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior