Who overlands for the purpose of photography?

alanymarce

It's certainly important to us, although I'm not sure I'd call it a "main purpose". We have more or less cut down to:

Cameras: 2 x Canon 5D bodies, 1 x Canon SX620 HS
Lenses: Canon 24-70mm f 2.8 Ultrasonic, Canon EF 70-200mm f 2.8 Ultrasonic, Canon EF 400mm f 5.6,
Tripod: Velbon FHD-52Q
Monopod: KEEP D’Classic
Camera bags: Sandstorm of Kenya.

plus a couple of iPhones, which have amazingly good capabilities.

GreggNY

Not the main purpose but definitely a big motivator for trips. Link is my sig has a ton of pics from my last trip out west

mattpayne11

Photography and backpacking are my primary reasons for overlanding. I also do drone photography and so I'm working on improving my solar ability to recharge the batteries =)

Delsh

Seeking solitude in nature is number #1 reason, but capturing great images is a close second. I like best shooting images that involve a decent hike in and are off-trail; makes me feel perhaps I'm getting a different shot than are many others.

parkkitchings

Adventurer
Photography and solitude are my main reasons. Just got back from a seven-week roam about up in Montana, Wyoming and Nevada. Lots of pics to go through! One of the highlights was the wild mustangs in Wyoming.

McCulloch%20Stallion%20%281%20of%201%29-XL.jpg

Etoimos

Observer
Photography and solitude are my main reasons. Just got back from a seven-week roam about up in Montana, Wyoming and Nevada. Lots of pics to go through! One of the highlights was the wild mustangs in Wyoming.

McCulloch%20Stallion%20%281%20of%201%29-XL.jpg

Awesome photo and that light is just killer. I've gone to photograph the wild horses up in north west CO several times. I've not managed to have quite as nice of light, but I have gotten a decent amount of action.

SandWash2019-8660-1024x682.jpg

SandWash2019-9627-1024x682.jpg

If you are ever out this way again, maybe we could meet up for some overlanding and photography.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz