Why buy a van when you can RENT one!

goin camping

Explorer
It is a good thing for the annual van camper.

On the other hand. I suspect I am not the only one around here who decides to leave town on the way home from work on Friday.

Get home at six. Have the wife, dogs and food in the van by seven and be gone by 7:05. Hard to pull that off with a rental.

eporter

Adventurer
I live near a van rental place here in Portland. They’ve got some nice rigs. I’ve thought about how nice it would be to rent one for a week and go on a road trip with minimal worry/stress and just enjoy the ride. But I’m too cheap for that...

eporter

Adventurer
We’ve pulled off the leave town from work move a few times. Get everything in the rig in the AM, sneak out of work a little early, pickup the lady, and get out of town. Play it right and you beat traffic and get to camp for dinner.

Jo_Duval

Observer
At the price they rent around here 6 weekends pays for my van.. we use it every second weekend if we average it to the year...

Rent if you want a van once or twice abyear

mezmochill

Is outside
Promaster are wider than the other popular vans. If they don't really insulate it too but much, people up to 6 ft 1 or so could sleep perpendicular.
Yea i guess it would work for some, taller than 6'1" and we squirm around alot in bed. Arms above head, feet stretched out...hey if it works for you then great!

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
It is a good thing for the annual van camper.

On the other hand. I suspect I am not the only one around here who decides to leave town on the way home from work on Friday.

Get home at six. Have the wife, dogs and food in the van by seven and be gone by 7:05. Hard to pull that off with a rental.

Why would it be harder with a rental?
Pick it up on your lunch hour and leave town earlier because it has everything but groceries already on board.
I mentioned to Nate at trekkervans that clients could use a grocery delivery service and have them delivered to the rental shop during their orientation and "move in" saving the rush hour time at the grocery store for fly-in clients.

MarcusBrody

Why would it be harder with a rental?
Pick it up on your lunch hour and leave town earlier because it has everything but groceries already on board.
I mentioned to Nate at trekkervans that clients could use a grocery delivery service and have them delivered to the rental shop during their orientation and "move in" saving the rush hour time at the grocery store for fly-in clients.
It would be harder because you would likely need to book in advance. If you decided to go midday and leave later that day, you'd have to get lucky with availability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles