Wife needs indoor accommodations....what is worth buying?

D

Deleted member 9101

Trailmanor.com

Check these out. You'd need to tweak it a bit for fs roads but they're pretty neat. Got a tour in one recently and I fit in it fine. Impressive trailer.

I have always been curious about those! Looks like they have the benifits of a travel teailer and a pop-up all in one contraption.

I'm betring that they do far less damage to your fuel economy than a conventional travel trailer.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Might check out the Boreas XT12 that will be coming out this Fall. 3,500 pounds dry, cruise master suspension, Garmin Fusion 1 control panel, optional A/C, optional air suspension with onboard air, 6'6 tall inside when up, 8 feet tall when down, no wood construction, fiberglass panels instead of aluminum, inside wet bath with fixed cassette toilet, 50 gallons of fresh water, 25 gallons grey. Outside kitchen and will sleep 4-5. Inside and outside shower. Built in Colorado.

Link: https://boreascampers.com/campers/xt12-camper-trailer/

Email me with questions!

adam@boreascampers.com
This sounds interesting. One thing, I have been to your website it looks great but the basics of finding your trailers and specs isn’t easy. The fewer clicks and less deciphering page content the better?. I have seen one of your other trailers and all I can add is thank you for building a modern practical well made camp trailer. Very curious how the XT-12 turns out.

The Mantis is now a order and wait demand. Families that no longer can travel internationally likely safely for the next 2 years now have large funds free for domestic travel tools.

The Taxa stuff is interesting but I feel like there are enough negatives that I don’t feel like spending $36,000 for one. Popping rivets, poor kids bunk space, and barely passable bathroom setup.

Trixxx

I have always been curious about those! Looks like they have the benifits of a travel teailer and a pop-up all in one contraption.

I'm betring that they do far less damage to your fuel economy than a conventional travel trailer.

I tend to stray away from a lot of items designated as “lightweight.” That usually means, “cheap” unless you’re talking about things like running shoes or sports cars.. Light weight in trailers usually means cheap, crappy, structural components.. Frame.. axle.. cupboards.. etc..

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I tend to stray away from a lot of items designated as “lightweight.” That usually means, “cheap” unless you’re talking about things like running shoes or sports cars.. Light weight in trailers usually means cheap, crappy, structural components.. Frame.. axle.. cupboards.. etc..
I think you just described 99% of RV's out there regardless of their name, lol

Boreas Campers

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
This sounds interesting. One thing, I have been to your website it looks great but the basics of finding your trailers and specs isn’t easy. The fewer clicks and less deciphering page content the better?. I have seen one of your other trailers and all I can add is thank you for building a modern practical well made camp trailer. Very curious how the XT-12 turns out.

The Mantis is now a order and wait demand. Families that no longer can travel internationally likely safely for the next 2 years now have large funds free for domestic travel tools.

The Taxa stuff is interesting but I feel like there are enough negatives that I don’t feel like spending $36,000 for one. Popping rivets, poor kids bunk space, and barely passable bathroom setup.

I will pass on your recommendation. Thank you for the compliment on our trailers!

D

Deleted member 9101

Oh, I don't disagree...but for me it's not a big problem. The only time my travel trailers leave the pavement is to back into the camp spot at a Fl State park...haha.

Trixxx

I think you just described 99% of RV's out there regardless of their name, lol

Oh I know, I lived full time in a “brand new” 42’ ******* box for 5 years lol..

Our Casita is built amazingly with it’s full fiberglass hull.

The only trailer I could ever see replacing it with is an Oliver, either their 18’ or 23’. I’ve been in them, and they are (IMO pretty experienced opinion) the best built trailer in the industry. I can’t think of a single trailer I would consider close..

The Casita is like the 4runner. The affordable, bulletproof, jack of all trades.. The Oliver is like a brand new land cruiser..

Trixxx

Oh, I don't disagree...but for me it's not a big problem. The only time my travel trailers leave the pavement is to back into the camp spot at a Fl State park...haha.

We don’t hesitate to get the Casita off the beaten path! Had gone through a creek crossing right before this.

Attachments

• 2C3CCD87-E791-48D1-AA49-AA8B0B499449.jpeg
    2C3CCD87-E791-48D1-AA49-AA8B0B499449.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 126
D

Deleted member 9101

Yep, Our Micro-Lite 23' trailer has served us well for what we use it for.

I always chuckle when I see 33' trailers with slides with names like Micro-Ultra-Light.... Advertised as half ton towable.

Technically many of them are...lol. I see them everytime I go camping. When properly set up, modern 1/2 ton trucks tow a 10k trailer with no problems and often better than older 3/4 ton trucks could.

D

Deleted member 9101

We don’t hesitate to get the Casita off the beaten path! Had gone through a creek crossing right before this.
If they made a 25'-28' Castia bunk house... I'd buy it all day long. Unfortunately even the largest Castia is to small for my family.

D

Deleted member 9101

Oh I know, I lived full time in a “brand new” 42’ ******* box for 5 years lol..

Our Casita is built amazingly with it’s full fiberglass hull.

The only trailer I could ever see replacing it with is an Oliver, either their 18’ or 23’. I’ve been in them, and they are (IMO pretty experienced opinion) the best built trailer in the industry. I can’t think of a single trailer I would consider close..

The Casita is like the 4runner. The affordable, bulletproof, jack of all trades.. The Oliver is like a brand new land cruiser..

I have looked at the Oliver trailers over the years. Only problem is my family would be cramped. With no bunk house model and no slides, they don't work well for 5-6 people...lol

Last edited by a moderator:

PaxG56

Might check out the Boreas XT12

The timing won't work for this trip but I like the direction you are going. We definitely need more quality built options with suspensions.

Is your 5’7 child a boy or girl?
I'm a huge fan of the work you are doing on your trailer and if it was just the wife an I it would be on the short list. The 5'7" child is my daughter and she is growing like a weed. Might not hit 6'4" but will definitely break 6' (She is 11).

Grassland

If they made a 25'-28' Castia bunk house... I'd buy it all day long. Unfortunately even the largest Castia is to small for my family.

Maybe the Escape 21 NE with the cot option?
It's the Escape 19 layout but stretched, built in/on the 21 chassis.
Be tight though. Main queen bed, queen sized dinette when folded down, and a cot above that. The 19 the dinette is maybe a double.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior