Wild Boar

MuleShoer

Adventurer
WildBoar

I have two major WildBoar products on the JKU..Based on my experience the camper concept will be a long time coming and I am not talking months!

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
This has been an "In progress" idea for quite awhile.... Awesome idea, just doesn't seem to be making much headway in terms of a working prototype. Now if only they'd take some time to look into making something like that for the 1st gen 4Runner...

Cheers

DAve

nwoods

Expedition Leader
They had this at SEMA in 2009 (I assume in 2010 also?), but it was tucked away in an aisle, and not deployed. It was on a white JK. All I can say is that the Top looked really nice, and provides a more handsome shape to the JK than the current H2/H3 looking square top.....and also, it occurs to me now, I recently saw an AEV video involving a silver JK with a similar looking top...

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
They had this at SEMA in 2009 (I assume in 2010 also?), but it was tucked away in an aisle, and not deployed. It was on a white JK. All I can say is that the Top looked really nice, and provides a more handsome shape to the JK than the current H2/H3 looking square top.....and also, it occurs to me now, I recently saw an AEV video involving a silver JK with a similar looking top...
Wait... so they DO have a working prototype now??? That's AWESOME. I really liked all the config. options you could choose. That is great news for the jeep guys to hear this has gotten past the "internet dream/design" phase. I stand corrected, thanks for the info Nwoods.

Cheers

DAve

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I did not see it deployed, it was just the clamshell top, but it was very nicely done. I'll post up a photo of it.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Photos of the Wild Boar roof tent enclosure from SEMA 2009

Attachments

• SEMA-2009-08.jpg
    SEMA-2009-08.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 83
  • SEMA-2009-07.jpg
    SEMA-2009-07.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 65
  • SEMA-2009-06.jpg
    SEMA-2009-06.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 80

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
When a camper top was announced about 1 1/2 years ago I really was excited and scanned their site about once per week. A couple months after it originally should have been on the market, it made it's animated appearance on their site. Not sure if it has move a lot beyond that. Also, it turned out to be a fancy, tailor-made to the JK Roof Top Tent with fancy awnings, not really a camper top like the JK Habitat or the PULSE. Also, seeing the price for their hard tops (extremely well made hard tops though) I don't expect their RTT to be a bargain.

I e-mailed the guys at Wild Boar - Chris if my memory serves me well - a couple times, but never got a reply. Would be great if the guys at Wild Boar could chime in.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Oh see I thought this was the multi-arrangment "replacement" top that Wild Boar was making not an RTT... Looks like it's well made though. Thanks for the pics Nwoods. I wonder when/if they'll ever get that top of theirs up and running. I LOVED how big you could make the habitat. it'd be SO perfect for a family with kids who would just LOVE to sleep in the "Jeep Tree house" course the RTT is the same thing but a bit smaller eh.

Cheers

DAve

LUISJG

Explorer
i also saw this a long time ago,,and never heard from wildboar.

this remind me about the AEV camper hard top , displayed at sema also,,
wonder why in hasnt made it to production,,seem to be a very nice and clean
concept

JKOverland

AFAIK, Wild Boar are pretty slow to get things to market and pretty slow to even deal with requests, emails and purchases. Heck, it took me almost 3 weeks to get them to send me a painted air scoop that was supposed to take 2 days...I was thinking about going with their roof rack system but after that experience I've decided to go with the Gobi.

A few years down the line this tent might just make it to market but I'm not holding my breath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior