Wildernest fit on superduty short bed

homemade

Adventurer
A wildernest for sale close to home that I thought I would check. Does anyone have experience with fit on a superduty?

from the add post:

"Dimensions as follows:

83" long with a 4" lip on the front rail. (will physically cover a box 79 to 83 inches long)

72-1/2" wide with a 3-1/2" lip on both sides. (will physically cover a box 65-1/2 to 72-1/2 " wide"

The length seems like it would be OK as the superduty from outside front lip of the bed to the back lip of the tailgate is about 83". But the front width is 75" so it would be inside the edge at the front by 1 1/4" on each side. I wonder if this would work, it might if the lower mounting lip of the wildernest is flat. The superduty cab is also a few inches higher than most trucks so maybe mounted on top of spacer like Trex 2x4 to bring up closer to the height of the cab?

any info appreciated.

SLO_F-250

Explorer
I don't have any experience fitting one on a Superduty, but owning the truck I know the front rails are wide so if the wildernest is about an 1-1/4" short in front width-wise you should be fine since the rail is about 5" wide up front. Measure the back though as the bed tappers in and become a few inches narrower in the rear. The camper might actually stick over the bed an inch or so in the rear (width-wise). The shim should the easy part. I like the trex idea. Very weather resistant. I would bet you can make it work pretty well.
Good luck and post pict if it works! :smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz