Wildlife Photography

Starscream

Adventurer
You all have some amazing photo skills, so I will admit that I am a now little embarrassed with mine.

Anyway, here are just a couple pictures from my Alaskan "tour" in 2006 (taken with my Canon Rebel XT).

2675177269_2ecdb0ea82_b.jpg

2675175117_b0692b0ae9_b.jpg

2675172753_0307c5cc09_b.jpg

2675989472_28bc45a72c_b.jpg

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
lqhikers said:
This dove showed up about a month ago and now hangs around all the time,besides letting me get close he comes down when i lay out the sunflower seeds!Since its been 100+ during the day he also lets me spray him with the hose to cool down,neat bird!
Drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"
Les Lqhikers

Cool story on that dove lqhikers, it is a eurasian collared dove, a european species that was introduced by accident into the Bahamas in the 1970s, it then made it to Florida in 1982, and has since spread across the entire nation. They are pretty and have a nice call.

Starscream

Adventurer
Ursidae69 said:
Cool story on that dove lqhikers, it is a eurasian collared dove, a european species that was introduced by accident into the Bahamas in the 1970s, it then made it to Florida in 1982, and has since spread across the entire nation. They are pretty and have a nice call.

Maybe you are a good person to ask....

I came across this bird at a local park about 2 years ago. I have never been able to identify it. Any thoughts?

2676056576_5ee73741cc_b.jpg

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Starscream said:
Maybe you are a good person to ask....

I came across this bird at a local park about 2 years ago. I have never been able to identify it. Any thoughts?

Waterfowl commonly hybridize, especially where there are domestic flocks present like at a park. Your bird is a hybrid muscovy duck, no idea what it hybridized with, but that is common. Check out this link: http://www.birds.cornell.edu/crows/domducks.htm

SWDesertTaco

Adventurer
Thought I might share a few pics I've taken over the years.

This one is the endangered black footed ferret from Northern Az

This is an elf calf I came across in the Gila National Forest in NM last spring

And lastly is a pair of bobcat kittens we found in an old hawk nest in a mesquite tree in Southern NM.

Thought some others might enjoy the shots

-C

Clay, those pictures are beyond awesome!! Those kittens just melted my heart. It is always refreshing to know that wildlife still does it thing out there ;)

articulate

Expedition Leader
Woah there Cap'n! Those photos are making me lift my feet off the floor.

This cute little dude posed for me at Chaco Canyon.
rmt_1147.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior