Winter (Snow) Camping Trip @ End Of January??

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Hey Guys

Do we have any winter campers in here? I used to do it all the time in college, even before i had a cool 4x4 to do it in. I still got all the gear stuff and I have been itching to use it lately!

Any interest in a weekend trip? Possibly just an overnight (head out EARLY Sat AM and return Afternoon on Sunday) to get out feet wet (yes, lame pun intended) :D

It would most likely be within 3-5 hours of San Diego.

Any interest? If so, post up and i will do some research!

Thanks

asteffes

Explorer
I've camped in the snow a few times. It's been awhile, but I would love to do it again. I need to put all my nice camping gear to use. :)

Scott Brady

Founder
I am game. We did some camping and technical snow driving last January. I would certainly be up for that again.

http://www.expeditionswest.com/adventures/2005/Jerome/index.html

IMG_0708.jpg

HongerVenture

Adventurer
In an Igloo?

This sounds great... too bad I live in Indiana and not closer to ya'll. I've always wanted to buy and try this product. I think camping in an igloo would be so awesome!
backcountry-skiing-snow-shelter-sm.jpg

This tool is all you need to build one, comes with instructions and everything. I can't find the website, but I read about a couple of buddies who hiked into the mountains of Colorado and camped out of an Igloo for a week just to get away from it all. They had great meals, read books, just relaxed. They said it was deathly quiet almost all the time and had to dig out on a couple occasions after more snowfall. Fun!

Scott Brady

Founder
We used my Jumping Jack tent trailer, and just parked it on the snow. It gets you up off the ground and the thick canvas does a good job of insulating. There were three of us in there, and we were pretty comfy. I would kick the catalytic heater on in the morning to take the chill off.

That was one of my favorite trips.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
There is nothing listed online that i can find. Hoping it happens word of mouth! Been busy as hell too! More details soon! I promise!

Scott Brady

Founder
calamaridog said:
Some SNOW would be a big help if you want to winter camp:shakin:

Good point... It has not been a very wet winter.

BUT, Prescott is forcasted for snow this Sunday :jumping:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz