Wombat Camper

Wombat Camper

Our friend Patrick from New Jersey Outdoor Adventures was kind enough to make a walk-around video of the Wombat Camper J-01. We were nervous making the video, neither one of us likes to be in front of a camera. If you have any questions send us a message. Cheers, Brad

DFNDER

Interesting comment about taxa. When I saw your camper, I thought it was what Taxa should have done to create a four season trailer. I love the Taxa functional and simple design ethos, but they’ve never evolved it into a true off road, 4 season trailer. All they did was slap on some suspension and a few reinforcements and call them overland models. So nice to see an overland design that eschews the typical RV interiors being built into all these new “luxury” overlanders. Really great looking little trailer.

rehammer81

I think they do a very good job of utilizing and maximizing space. I'm curious about the use of separate water heater and furnace instead of the Truma combo. I also think they are limiting their cargo capacity too much. I don't know how much all the wood weighs compared to using aluminum and composite materials. They said it weighs about 2700 lbs dry with a 3500 lb GVWR. So full of water and propane, it ends up with a cargo capacity of around 430 lbs. Not much. I really like the design for the most part.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles