wood alternative to storage solutions

s.e.charles

any chance there's a write up working with this product? I don't know its basic characteristics. for example: does it have structural integrity? will it hold screws? does it cut w/ carbide blades? will it hear form? ad nauseum . . . thanks

Rando

Explorer
I have been looking for this type of product as well. StarBoard (and various other HDPE products - think cutting boards) are great, except for a couple of serious issues - they are super heavy, they are not very rigid and you can't use adhesives. Celtec and other PVC foam sheets are much lighter, and you can glue them, but they also aren't very rigid and don't hold screws. My conclusion is that the best option for larger areas is high quality plywood with a good coating such as epoxy or aluminium, or a frame and panel system.

Wildcat

Adventurer
i did some pricing and it looks like for the small project i have in mind, plywood is my best material. some of those other materials seem to be special order, expensive and hard to find.

found this plastic sheeting not too far from me but i can buy several sheets of plywood for that.

altaboy

Observer
For your contemplation: Foam sheets w. painted on screen on both sides.

can foam to any shape w. handtools (box knire, surefoam, hotknife, etc).

Biuld out structure w. differnt cut foam sheet shapes

Latex paint away

lay window screen material over wet latex, recoat w. latex.

Let dry

If clever, can incorporate wood plugs to receive screws

Light, strong, there ya go.

Search youtube and I am not clever enough to come up with this ideao_O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles