wothahellizat

Lynn

Expedition Leader
I know most of you are probably familiar with Rob Gray's builds, but for those of you who aren't, he has done an outstanding job of documenting the building of two exceptional rigs.

Reader's Digest version: Rob is a pro photog who spent a few years traveling around Australia in:

29097.jpg

then built his self-described 'Winnebago meets Mad Max.':

15721.jpg

and after a few more years of travel has torn it down and is building a smaller version:

31447.jpg

Not only has he developed some mad fab skills along the way, but some of his unique design ideas are just brilliant.

For example, his window shutter/flyscreen hinge design:

fig_03c.gif

Anyone who is even remotely considering building a camper rig would do well to spend a lot of time in his build chronicles. Even if you don't always agree with his approach, taking the time to understand why he made the decisions he made is quite an education.

His articles are also an excellent read.

My kuddos to Rob, and thanks for all the documentation efforts.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
I have been fortunate enough to exchange some emails with Rob in the past few months, and I'm featuring their story on the Overlanding page at www.overlandjournal.com . When visiting their website, I suggest checking out all of Rob Gray's photo galleries on different subjects. He has some wonderful work displayed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior