WTB: Tacoma DCLB, low miles (California / west coast)

lfranchi

lfranchi
Hi folks,

Finally looking to rejoin the Tacoma club after selling my Sprinter van.

I'm looking for a 2011-2014 DCLB with sub-100k miles.I'm flexible on exact years/miles, mostly looking for not-too-many-miles and not-too-new-and-expensive.

Most important criteria is DCLB (I want the 4 doors and bed that I can sleep in). This is a weekend warrior vehicle for rock climbing and mountain adventures, not a rock crawler -- so priority is on a simple/functional truck that can get me to any trailhead and be easy to sleep in).

* Preferably no cap, since I want to put a taller cap with windoors on the back, but flexible on this one if the cap is mid-rise or something.
* Some mods are OK -- <=3" lift, better off-road tires, armor and skid plates. Nothing crazy, preferably no snorkel -- not into the look.
* No built out truck bed (unless it's a real simple sleeping platform) since I want to sleep there.
* No RTT type setup.

Potentially willing to look at non-tacomas if they seat 4 and have at least a 6 ft bed.

Located in the CA Bay Area, but willing to travel for the right vehicle, up to basically a weekend trip away (willing to fly to pick up a truck and drive it home).

Been watching CL for a few months, surprisingly few decent looking tacos there.Bought my last Taco on Expo a few years ago, maybe I'll find another gem here! Show me what you've got!

Last edited:

chmura

Adventurer
Why not a 2011-2015? 2015 is same as a 14.

Good luck on your search. Took me 3 months to find the Tacoma that checked all the boxes for me. When one popped up I bought a one way plane ticket and drove it home.

lfranchi

lfranchi
Yeah, open to a 2015 as well. I mean, I'm open to a 2016 or 2017 for that matter, but I am trying to keep the price sub 20k-22k (with some flexibility for mods/upgrades). I just don't think I'll find anything newer for the price I want :)

lfranchi

lfranchi
Decided to expand our search and price range a little. Open to trucks <30k now, and looking for <80k miles. DCLB is the main requirement. Simple sleeping platform in back, high top shell is a bonus.

If that fits what you've got, send me a PM!

JLink

doesn't sound like what you're looking for because its a 2010 and has 110k miles, but i've been playing with the idea of selling my truck so i'll mention it.
2010 Tacoma DCLB V6 Auto trans 4x4, Black Sand Pearl color, has 2-3" lift, 34" tires, 4.56 gears with ARB lockers front and rear. has a snorkel.. i know you don't want one, front bumper with winch, rear bumper with swing out tire carrier, full skids, sliders, leather heated seats, new door speakers, sub and amp, new head unit with dvd & BT. probably a lot I'm missing. could sell with or without RTT
IMG_5793.JPG

P1020620.JPG

lfranchi

lfranchi
doesn't sound like what you're looking for because its a 2010 and has 110k miles, but i've been playing with the idea of selling my truck so i'll mention it.
2010 Tacoma DCLB V6 Auto trans 4x4, Black Sand Pearl color, has 2-3" lift, 34" tires, 4.56 gears with ARB lockers front and rear. has a snorkel.. i know you don't want one, front bumper with winch, rear bumper with swing out tire carrier, full skids, sliders, leather heated seats, new door speakers, sub and amp, new head unit with dvd & BT. probably a lot I'm missing. could sell with or without RTT

Thanks for the photos and details! Sending you a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles