WTB: Stazworks or Hutchinson Wheels

JKR100

Looking for wheels for a Ford F-550…super single 20” wheels - stazworks or Hutchinson wheels. Preferably a set of 5. Let me know if you have any available! Thanks

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
There's a set of 5 DBL super singles with MPT81 meats and a front bumper on this forum for cheap right now. Not aluminum.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Thanks, hoping for aluminum, preferably not DBL

Bit of unicorn thing you're looking for. Maybe search "Wehring" on this forum. He designed and sells what I believe is the best aluminum super single wheel setup you can buy. Also has custom fabbed centramatic wheel balancers. Not cheap. But quality from what I can tell.

Looking for wheels for a Ford F-550…super single 20” wheels - stazworks or Hutchinson wheels. Preferably a set of 5. Let me know if you have any available! Thanks
There’s a heck of a difference between Hutchinson and Stazworks. One has a reputation for quality, one has a tendency to fall apart (not good for your health). In that order.
Mr Wehring, who I’ve met personally, has Hutchinson make his 1 piece aluminum wheels. He seemed like a good honest person.

JKR100

There’s a heck of a difference between Hutchinson and Stazworks. One has a reputation for quality, one has a tendency to fall apart (not good for your health). In that order.
Mr Wehring, who I’ve met personally, has Hutchinson make his 1 piece aluminum wheels. He seemed like a good honest person.
Thanks for the reply. I will probably end up ordering them from Stazworks….I figured I would see if anyone has some lying around before I do.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Have you seen these?
Here on the Expo Portal

1 piece aluminum design
8275# load rating
Forged
Made in the USA
DOT-T tested to destruction
Valve stem on both sides
20x10
MPT or LT beads (different part numbers)
Direct bolt on (no adapters)
NOT converted military
wheel.png

Last edited:

JKR100

Have you seen these?
Here on the Expo Portal

1 piece aluminum design
8275# load rating
Forged
Made in the USA
DOT-T tested to destruction
Valve stem on both sides
20x10
MPT or LT beads (different part numbers)
Direct bolt on (no adapters)
NOT converted military
View attachment 767905
I have, the seller of those wheels has made lots of posts, but I haven’t seen any other reviews. I would prefer two piece design, I have heard it is really hard to get the military tires on with one piece wheels and you risk tearing the bead. I think I have a deal that should go through on some stazworks wheels soon ??

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
I have heard it is really hard to get the military tires on with one piece wheels and you risk tearing the bead.

Do more research on this before making a big $ mistake.

Its exactly the opposite.

I had a set of Hutchisons for my build when i started. In theory seems wheels that come apart would be easier to mount tires to...

Most definitely is not the case. I spent hours in my back yard trying to get tires on the Hutchinsons, between the oring lining up, and the awkward size and shape, it is a ROYAL PITA to do yourself.

On the flip side, with some soapy water, i mounted one of the MPTs onto a 1 piece buckstop wheel myself in about 5 minutes with a simple piece of wood, yes really.

I gave the Hutchinsons to a friend, because there is no way in hell i want to deal with that on a trail if i need to replace a tire.

Here is a video i have of the local truck shop mounting my MPTs by hand. Took dude minutes with just a tire bar

Fast forward to about 1:20:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier

Members online