WTB: Stazworks or Hutchinson Wheels

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Do more research on this before making a big $ mistake.

Its exactly the opposite.

I had a set of Hutchisons for my build when i started. In theory seems wheels that come apart would be easier to mount tires to...

Most definitely is not the case. I spent hours in my back yard trying to get tires on the Hutchinsons, between the oring lining up, and the awkward size and shape, it is a ROYAL PITA to do yourself.

On the flip side, with some soapy water, i mounted one of the MPTs onto a 1 piece buckstop wheel myself in about 5 minutes with a simple piece of wood, yes really.

I gave the Hutchinsons to a friend, because there is no way in hell i want to deal with that on a trail if i need to replace a tire.

Here is a video i have of the local truck shop mounting my MPTs by hand. Took dude minutes with just a tire bar

Fast forward to about 1:20:

Man o man I really need to learn how to do that! Gotta be some sort of land speed record.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
While the videos below are not a true apples-to-apples comparison as the single-piece wheel is a 22.5" rim with a commercial tire, while the two-piece wheel is a 20" rim and 'military' tire, @RAM5500 CAMPERTHING was a great example of a single piece 20 rim with a 'military' tire.

Single piece rim complete tire swap (while even still on the truck)

two piece rim removal

two piece rim installation

Bob W

Do more research on this before making a big $ mistake.

Its exactly the opposite.

I had a set of Hutchisons for my build when i started. In theory seems wheels that come apart would be easier to mount tires to...

Most definitely is not the case. I spent hours in my back yard trying to get tires on the Hutchinsons, between the oring lining up, and the awkward size and shape, it is a ROYAL PITA to do yourself.

On the flip side, with some soapy water, i mounted one of the MPTs onto a 1 piece buckstop wheel myself in about 5 minutes with a simple piece of wood, yes really.

I gave the Hutchinsons to a friend, because there is no way in hell i want to deal with that on a trail if i need to replace a tire.

Here is a video i have of the local truck shop mounting my MPTs by hand. Took dude minutes with just a tire bar

Fast forward to about 1:20:

Funny have the exact opposite experience. First time I changed out a tire on the Hutchinson's it took about 45 mins to get old tie off and mount new tire. These were GY 275s, and yes I have the beadlock insert. Wonder if the Contis present a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles