Xtreme Racks

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Hi all,

Have you guys seen this product before? Looks like it might be a very sturdy solution for expedition use... Not sure of pricing or availability though. Would be very nice if it would fit over a topper/canopy!

http://www.xtremeracks.com/racks.html

ford-quickrack.jpg

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
I'd like to see a canvas top that would go over it as an option. Similar to a Can-Back.

Wonder 'bout the price.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
HMMM well first the tabs sticking up on top have to go. They will limit the racks usable width and get snagged in stuff. Second those 2 goofy side beams will realy limit side acces to the bed. Most of our trucks are tall enough that reaching over the bed can be an issue. Having to reach over the top of what looks like a 4" wide side panel, will make it that much more difficult.

It will not work with a topper since it mounts to the top of the bed rail.

No offense but it looks like a mall wheeler rack to me. They do not tell you anything about the rack as far as wieght capacity, materail used in construction, mounting brackets, etc. Hell they do not even show one loaded with anything heavy. Just a pretty girl in a bikini. Any real good rack manufacturer puts up the specs on the web page as far as I'm concerned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz