Yes another Fuso SRW thread.....sorry.....

1aquaholic

Adventurer
I've read everything I can find here and have called most of the wheel supplier in the threads for my 05 FG140, I was moving towards a double bead lock but have changed my mind to a standard alloy rim. Found a great company near by called Trailready that will make a 20in for $679USD weighing 48lbs with a 4800lbs rating but I would need to provide all the specs for offset/holes/center. Is the only other alloy option ATW at $789 plus shipping?

Last edited:

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Is the only other alloy option ATW at $789 plus shipping?

No.
I have no personal experience with either of these, but Earthcruiser/Alan and Goanna Tracks both offer alloy rims.

I do not know if Eartcruiser Aus has changed their rim supplier lately, but a friend popped in the other day with his truck that had these fitted.
They looked really nice, and were quite similar in design to the ATW rims. From memory they were a 17" rim.
Alloy Rim.jpg

There are other companies here that do alloy rims, but they do not give an identical track front and rear. Shan has some fitted to his truck.
No idea what, if any, alloy options you have over your way.

1aquaholic

Adventurer
Thanks for the info. Talked to EC and they said they only have alu 16" rated at 3900lbs. Almost got wheels form Gonna tracks Tony in BC but they were steel, didn't know they did alu haha! Will get a hold of him and get the info.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Talked to EC and they said they only have alu 16" rated at 3900lbs.

I assume that you talked to Earthcruiser USA. I'd send Mark at Earthcruiser Aus an email, as I know the rim I pictured is 17" (I just rang my mate and confirmed it).
These rims are also rated higher than the original Eathcruiser rims, as they are legal on my mate's FGB71 truck, which has a GVM of 6400kg.
One thing to note is that I believe that none of these alloy rims come with a 5 hole pattern, only 6.

Amesz00

Adventurer
What width 20s? And what tyre were you thinking to run? Mine are good, but they’re probably closer to 48kg than lb haha. They’re recentered 20x11 off a U1300

skippythedog

Observer
Picked up wheels from Tony a few weeks ago.....I like 'em, though my mileage has decreased....If you should decide to get those (or use any 37" tires on an FG 140) you'll need to re-spring the front or modify your lower step to clear when you tilt your cab.....PM me if you need any details.....The front springs w/ greasable shackles Tony provided, improved my ride and handling dramatically...

1aquaholic

Adventurer
Leaning towards ATW alloys. 19.5x8.25 weigh 44lbs with a 6944lbs load capacity each. Any other thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I own a set of the ATW alloys, but as I showed earlier, Earthcruiser Aus have a 17" alloy that looks pretty good. The advantage of the 17" over the 19.5" is the tyre options, of which I believe there are more.
I have no issues with my setup, but as most would agree, the Toyo M608Z light truck tyre, which is often fitted to these rims, is a pretty hard tyre. With those tyres fitted your suspension needs to be softer than if you were to fit a higher profile sidewall tyre, like an XZL on a 17" rim.
It's all swings and roundabouts and ultimately comes down to a personal choice.

1aquaholic

Adventurer
Hey ski freak I called earthcruiser Australia and they said that they do not have 17 for the Fuso they have them for the Isuzu and iveco and even those would be underrated for the Fuso. They said their campers are quite a bit lighter so they don't look for rims that are rated for the GVAW.

1aquaholic

Adventurer
So it seems there are very few tires no matter what size rim I go with that can handle the load and are decent on and off road. Has anybody compiled list, specifically what's easily available worldwide?

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
If its any help - I live in the same town as Trailready and can probably find someone locally with a FG truck to take the measurements from. I don't think a trailready wheel would be reversible (to provide the same track front and rear) and they are only a single beadlock type wheel.

Have you talked with Stazworks? They seem willing to build just about anything and have been recently doing wheels for MRAPs and firefighting vehicles which are very heavy.

http://www.stazworks.com/rims.htm

Amesz00

Adventurer
So it seems there are very few tires no matter what size rim I go with that can handle the load and are decent on and off road. Has anybody compiled list, specifically what's easily available worldwide?

If you want tyres that will handle GVM and be good offroad probably would be michelins- 255/100r16 will do it but won't like it, 11.00r16 will be better and fit alright with a little guard massaging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles