Yetti's 2007 Outfitter Apex project.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Dang Tapatalk!!

Lost my entire post when, " posting"

And now my patience so this will be abbreviated

I think with 200 watts solar, and 260 amp/hr battery bank I should be good.

Got the propane portion of the 3 way working, ( it's been bad since I bought the camper)

Moved the table up, I did not like how low it was. And due to lack of support I had it low originally.

Moved it up for 8 inches, brackets front and rear, w/ the main sport for the bench. And sandwiched 1 inch wood inbetween, solid now.

Had some reflectix around, so added a layer under the bench, between the water lines. And the floor storage area on the driver side.

The charge control has two USB power outlets on it, above the fridge and the vanity will make a nice secondary charging station.
133ef085f7bbb02c4cb8dad734cf1561.jpg
5e9db05300b28ca89d3188955717f47d.jpg
968e040737799c8eb4ce39deef084157.jpg
c36ad22f7e937aec6d125901ccadb65b.jpg

Sent from somewhere remote on my BlackBerry

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I added an LED light strip internally, it also changes colors. I found these incredible useful when working my last medical contract.

I am also adding one, externally on either side of the camper, beneath the side "wings" also color changing.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
How did your heater do on that trip? Sorry to hear about the water leak. I've been really lucky on that front as I have changed both the inside and outside shower heads and the faucet. So far, no leaks...(famous last words).

Jack

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Jack:

This is the second time I've used it for the sled dog race, but the first time I filled the tanks, in weather that did not get above freezing. I used a combo of heaters, the stock one, and a big buddy tapped into the on board tank.

Since the on board tank is small, I only used it when traveling and had two BBQ sized tanks, emptied the first one after about 3 days/ nights.

The first year I just used the little buddy on low, worked well.

This time I monitored the temp in the basement, and now know I could probably still only use the big buddy heater. But liked the peace of mind if both, and will get a better temp monitor installed. Right now, used a digital oven thermometer. But will install a system like on my fiver, that shows me inside,outside,fridge and basement.

It stayed warm in there, like seriously 70 degrees, in 20 and lower weather. And the basement never got lower than 41.

The 200 watt solar kept things topped off.

The stock heaters in rv's just burn so much power and Propane.

Left the buddy on low- or medium sometimes, and set the stock heater ( it's ducted ) at 60, and it would cycle for about 5 mins every few hours.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
The stupid water leak, most of it is all PEX plumbing, except the tank to pump, and drain line is clear tubing. Go figure, probably something to do with the previous owner.

And the T fitting was leaking, about 1 dropevery second.

Even after replacing the T, and double hose clamps on each side, as well as cutting the tubing to remove the old hardened spots from the old hose clamps. Still kept leaking,

Of course, I'm 3 hours from home, and am doing it all in an Ace hardware parking lot in 25 degree weather.

I got some silicone and used it, slowed it down a bunch, and placed a small cookie tin under the leak to collect the water, after that I went days w/o it filling up.

Prior to that, the stupid thing was filling up with probably 10 cups of water a few times a day.

I have no idea, why this water leak was defying physics, and now that tanks are empty, will attack it again. Probably just sealing the edges w/ silicone now that it's dry.

The worst part of the entire thing, after I rebuilt the pump, I installed a tiny mesh filter, probably 3 inches in length. And function checked everything worked.

An hour before filling tanks, I went in and trimmed a few inches off of that line, so it was not kinked. And it started leaking after that.....if I had just let sleeping dogs lie..

The leak is at a hose clamp on the suction side.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
The stupid water leak, most of it is all PEX plumbing, except the tank to pump, and drain line is clear tubing. Go figure, probably something to do with the previous owner.

And the T fitting was leaking, about 1 dropevery second.

Even after replacing the T, and double hose clamps on each side, as well as cutting the tubing to remove the old hardened spots from the old hose clamps. Still kept leaking,

Of course, I'm 3 hours from home, and am doing it all in an Ace hardware parking lot in 25 degree weather.

I got some silicone and used it, slowed it down a bunch, and placed a small cookie tin under the leak to collect the water, after that I went days w/o it filling up.

Prior to that, the stupid thing was filling up with probably 10 cups of water a few times a day.

I have no idea, why this water leak was defying physics, and now that tanks are empty, will attack it again. Probably just sealing the edges w/ silicone now that it's dry.

The worst part of the entire thing, after I rebuilt the pump, I installed a tiny mesh filter, probably 3 inches in length. And function checked everything worked.

An hour before filling tanks, I went in and trimmed a few inches off of that line, so it was not kinked. And it started leaking after that.....if I had just let sleeping dogs lie..

The leak is at a hose clamp on the suction side.

Have you tried PEX style clamps? I have some of the same tubing (clear/PEX) combo in my camper and it was all done using PEX clamps. I've changed a few things and used the clamps on my changes and haven't had any leaks. I think they give you a better more uniform seal.

Jack

rangerdogg

Adventurer
I had a outfitter and used them also to fix leaks . They worked great . They should have used them more where needed .
I also fixed a bunch of bad workmanship on mine . Keep enjoying and making it yours and better then they did

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I had a outfitter and used them also to fix leaks . They worked great . They should have used them more where needed .
I also fixed a bunch of bad workmanship on mine . Keep enjoying and making it yours and better then they did
I've liked the outfitter, its done well considering the shape it was in prior to my acquisition.

They all seem to have pros and cons, depending on if they q/a person was having a good day or not.

You went a different route?

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
The pex crimpers are spendy, 50$

Since I full time in an RV anyway, why not.

The parking lot ******, stop leaking, throw all I have at it in freezing temps,

And today's hopefully permanent fix.

Those sides are pretty awesome...
ef28549e4a24c9729c96d6860fa8af2d.jpg
1894adc45cb3c933e6768cb2005419ac.jpg
4a65bae05540ad2b675076aee7a4085e.jpg

rangerdogg

Adventurer
Yes they all have there good and bad .
I had a shadow cruiser first . Great and well made and great layout .
Then I found a grandby 2000 . Great and well made and great layout. Just sold because i found a 07 hawk for a great price and it fit my truck better then grandby . Loved it but but I think the 00 was built better. Then sold the hawk for outfitter because we wanted a shower and toilet for our family . But found a bunch of things wrong after I bought it before winter .
I thought it was built better then it was . Fixed a lot that was wrong and built it better and got ride of crappy wood for real plywood . It has a great layout and much more room then my fourwheel campers . But we were sick of hearing people at campgrounds all hours sometimes . We don’t have much free land to camp or anything like that in east . So I fixed it all up and showed new owner everything I did to it . Bought a lance 805 hard side . We have really love it and keep enjoying it .

The other problem is they are like a house you need to up keep and check and fix things . Which most people don’t want to do .
Keep fixing it up and making it yours
Love watching it
Happy camping

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I am thinking of replacing the Trojan t145's with Lithium, 200 or maybe 300 AMP/Hr

Also, if you remember the life system being a little funky still. Page 5. I dont want to rebuild the entire system, my brother has a FWC. Im starting to think about removing the lift system in it, and adding the folding board system FWC uses. Nothing to go wrong, easy to replace, work on if needed, and you can also just have one side up at a time if you ever wanted to do that. I would have to cut window holes, but it would be a two piece board front and rear with three piano hinges. When up the boards would sit on one another with the weight on the frame of the camper. With the folding wall for the bathroom, i may have to get creative, as I dont believe I would be able to do full width there.

is that crazy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz