Yetti's 2007 Outfitter Apex project.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Wow! That is next level effort to create something so dangerous. As a guy once told a buddy, they really shouldn't sell welders at Home Depot...

Jack
Right!?!?!? That bad choice took a lot of work,and enough forethought to weld a support underneath to take the vertical pressure off of it....

Last edited:

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I spent another Sunday working on her,

Added wing nuts to remove the jacks quickly once the camper is on the truck, the electric jacks are just a plug.

Wing nuts.jpg

The mesh cover to keep the wasps out of the water heater- picture as promised
Vent cover.jpg

Remnants from life on the wet side- some sort of nest, and packed foliage into this

Life on the wet side.jpg

The wasps are terrible this year, this bugger was hiding in the door handle
Stingu thing hiding.jpg

Hopeless diamond- The measurements you were curious about :
MEasure 1.jpgMEasure four.jpgMEasure three.jpgMeasure tw0.jpg

It was overcast all weekend, but am hoping to reseal the bottom on Tuesday.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I will need it for the next two weekends a medic contract, and taking a friend and her daughter to the aquarium. So im doing a final push to get everything done.

I added the final coat of flexseal to the bottom. Looks way better, and worked well to also seal the edges where the eternabond tape is i applied. IMG_20180828_1727332.jpgIMG_20180828_1727364.jpg

IMG_20180828_1727415.jpg

This originally had, and still does two electric valves for the black and grey tank. Eventually I will pull the black tank and toilet and replace with a cassette. The grey tank valve has quit working, and is stuck open. Made by a company named, "master drain" the research I read said they had some trouble with the design in that year- now they have magnetic sensors that stop the motor when its open or closed. Anyway, im not certain I want to spend 150/ for each new unit.
The previous owner had installed a valve on the end of the outlet, i did not like how long it was, or that it will also effect winter camping. So for now, I shortened it and will add deicer fluid for the winter. Until i can add manual valves inside, OR replace with the electric valves.

IMG_20180827_1532336.jpgIMG_20180828_1606392.jpg

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
SOOO, i should of done this LOng ago. Today I checked the batteries as they dropped from 13-11, with out being used for anything except the tiny LED volt meter.

True to the form and history of this, I COULD NOT EVEN SEE WATER. Two Trojan T-145 287/amp hour 6volt batteries- Hopefully they are not cooked, but im not holding my breath.... its loaded up and ready to leave for a quick trip this weekend so we shall see.

I added a entire gallon of distilled water to them.

Last edited:

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
A successful weekend at the coast, I was able to take a friend and her daughter along for the ride- we hit the aquarium in Newport, Oregon, and followed up the 101 on the way back home. As a single guy, who lives, and travels alone- It was really nice to have some company. Also, the magic of the world as seen through a nine year old's eyes, her out take on everything was refreshing. She had never seen the ocean before, her and mum had a blast! As did i.

https://aquarium.org/

Dirtnadvil- who is also working on an outfitter, was able to educate me on how they are put together as he is tearing his down for a complete rebuild. The fiberglass tub, is the support with the inner frames and floors hung from the sides of the tub. yesterday I added 3 more cleats making sure they extend to the edge of the tub completely so the weight is not pushing up on the floor. I also cut and covered a piece for the entire rear overhang as a new floor as well. That should take care of any concerns and protect everything.

Im concerned the Trojan battery may in fact be toast, and am not looking forward to replacing them- but will go to AGM if i do.

you can see a quick write up, in my " explorations" thread.

Explorations- https://www.expeditionportal.com/fo...exploration-expeditions-picture-heavy.188754/

Last edited:

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I will seal the edges of the new bottom supports, since the tanks are right above, the screws can only go into the edges- and I dont know exact locations. The gaps will be sealed and then the bottom will be done!

You can also see the Anderson connection, for the truck and solar. Yes the plug has a constant 12volt hot wire, however it makes for slow charging.

IMG_20180910_1623398.jpgIMG_20180910_1623447.jpgIMG_20180910_1623497.jpg

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Some things came in today,

The new crank for the lift system. ( the old one was in bad shape, and completely striped out)

And the new table covering, Ill post once it applied. I have done it multiple times and always love how it comes out.

IMG_20180917_1654401.jpgIMG_20180917_1654517.jpg

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Hey Yetti I just read your entire thread. All I can say is WOW what a job you have done to that camper. Well done sir! Can I suggest maybe placing a large inner tube from a tractor or truck in between your camper and the cab of the truck? That would allow for flex without damaging the truck or camper. It might not look great but it would make for a more aerodynamic solution for your rig. Keep up the good work. Cheers, Chilli...:cool:

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Hey Yetti I just read your entire thread. All I can say is WOW what a job you have done to that camper. Well done sir! Can I suggest maybe placing a large inner tube from a tractor or truck in between your camper and the cab of the truck? That would allow for flex without damaging the truck or camper. It might not look great but it would make for a more aerodynamic solution for your rig. Keep up the good work. Cheers, Chilli...:cool:

Thanks Chilli, She is a project for sure! But I am mostly enjoying all of it. I had wanted one since I was in high school, watched and waited and it paid off. Thats a great idea, I have also thrown around the idea of a Yakima bar system with an air dam. Just haven't built anything yet.

Looking forward to the table cover pictures. That is a great idea.

Jack

Jack, Hope you are enjoying that shakedown trip and the SAS! Yeah I will post them once its done, so far the maptop is being flattened for application.

The pics of the new crank vs the old one-

IMG_20180919_1804398.jpg

I full time in a fifth wheel, i first did this on the table there and like it. Stands up to hot plates, easy to clean, and I use it to plan all the time, its also dry erase. This was during the planning phase for South America last year, so it is a little messy.
26172671_10215140425893372_2512333145342041488_o.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior