You may have noticed......

TernOverland

Supporting Sponsor Ternoverland.com
You may have noticed…that the name of this forum has changed! We are working with Portal to refine the focus of this section to become a great resource for anyone looking to build or design a new overland vessel, regardless what shape that may take. We plan to contribute a good bit of content here and encourage others to add to the knowledge base. We are also open to suggestions about what might be useful to you in your quest for information. This thread can be to discuss the forum platform.

We at Tern Overland have a long history of “overlanding”; long before the term entered the lexicon of travelers and outdoors people. I built a one man travel vehicle from a VW beetle back in 1978. I could sleep in it very comfortably. Luckily I’m not a tall guy! Ten years later I built my first full on expeditionary vehicle, after spending 3 months traveling North America in a Honda Civic. That truck competed in Four Wheeler magazine’s, first Top Truck Challenge and won their “Best Engineered” trophy. I think it is probably the only expedition vehicle to compete there. I’m an engineer and accomplished fabricator, so all of my vehicles have been self built. I have traveled by motorcycle, truck, and car my whole life as well as being an avid backpacker. I’ve been on the road for years at a time, so I’ve learned a lot about what works. Aimee is a world traveler who has worked her way through many interesting places. Her spirit of adventure is a driving force here. We met a few years ago, and Tern Overland is our mutual passion. We love to hear from fellow adventurers, regardless of whether they are pro builders or amateurs. We love to assist in any way we can. I’ve lost track, but I think we have around 25 professional builders using our products now. You will see them everywhere. Many of our product solutions have been customer driven.

Our products are available directly from us, as well as the following sources:

Nomad Vanz is our stocking dealer for Canadian sales, as well as an OEM installer.

Total Composites is an online seller, as well as an OEM supplier with their excellent camper kits.

Camper Van Headquarters is an online seller.

Ask your professional builder about using our products in your build or conversion. We have a growing network of OEM builders and installers.

So,…that is who we are and what we have planned. Thanks for listening!

David & Aimee

Last edited:

otis24

Observer
I've been contemplating building a pop top flat bed camper for my Tacoma for a couple years.

It'll be nice to have all the DIY/Custom builds in one forum instead of scattered amongtst all the others. I've spent hours searching for the custom builds mixed in with all the others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94