YouTube channel roll call

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
I have one that covers all sorts of stuff I find myself doing. Theres fishing, boating, shooting, driving,4x4ing, wrenching, watchlists.
One never knows what I'll be doing next.

Last edited:

Shovel

Explorer
If you hate yourself very deeply you can click here to endure my contributions to the Youtube library. You can expect a paucity of education or enlightenment, weak storytelling, unnecessary vulgarity, consistently poor examples of music and the rubbish videography of a near invalid with neither incentive nor inclination to improve.

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
If you hate yourself very deeply you can click here to endure my contributions to the Youtube library. You can expect a paucity of education or enlightenment, weak storytelling, unnecessary vulgarity, consistently poor examples of music and the rubbish videography of a near invalid with neither incentive nor inclination to improve.
It's amazing watching a persons channel evolve from their start to where they are today.. My first ones like many are simply turning a camera on and letting it roll. But eventually they improve along the way. congrats.

Shovel

Explorer
But eventually they improve along the way.
A few years ago I was on track to maybe get a tiny check every few months, based on the old model for views & stuff. I had a lot more videos up, some trying to show how to fix a thing or what's in a thing, some time lapses of hikes, etc. -

It wasn't going to be as much money as I had spent on cameras, fuel, etc and certainly not time, but it was just enough of a carrot being dangled that I felt like maybe there would be some ramp up and I could dream of supplementing my real income a little and let youtube pay for some new toys once in a while.

Youtube then changed their model which put the threshold for payment a little out of reach for what I was doing. Then they changed again and it went way out of reach for what I'm doing. As near as I can tell the only way to make (any) money via youtube anymore is to treat it as a full time job and truly dedicate full time to building your personal empire with multiple sources of revenue. That, on top of actually being quite good at something 🆒 . So now I have no incentive to make videos for the purpose of being popular - whatever I upload now is 100% for me. There is no reason to please anybody, no reason to work on telling a story, no reason for any of it to be, or to feel like work on any level.

It's more fun now for me. Probably a whole lot less digestible for viewers but (don't take it personally) I don't care about who does or doesn't view it and I have no agenda beyond my own amusement.

Last edited:

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
Hey SHOVEL, I hear you. In no real way can I foresee the amounts of views / subs to consider it as a job. I do it to show my friends,family what I've been up to. .I live 8+ hrs drive from most of my family,so they can see my eyes are clear my nose damp, and I'm not gibbering like a lunatic.🤪 In other cases its a yes, life is treating me good video.

Attachments