Zam15’s Tacoma Build

Zam15

Explorer
Figured out a mount for my drivers side umbrella. Had these brackets laying around, modified them a little bit and it turned out perfect! Have zero worries about wind now! Also usable for a flagpole, telescoping mount or anything similar.
20210618_194556.jpg
One other update, not truck related but finally upgraded my camp cookware. Caught it on sale for for the lowest its been since release!

Hope to keep it for many years, everything nests in the big pot. Its the Stanley Even Heat Camp Pro Cookset, now I have to get used to cooking with stainless.
20210618_142855.jpg

WOODY2

Adventurer
I think on page 4 it states you must wash your truck at least every other day to be qualified to use and maintain your stainless certification. (y)

Zam15

Explorer
I think on page 4 it states you must wash your truck at least every other day to be qualified to use and maintain your stainless certification. (y)

Best I can do is hose it off every other week! I did actually wash the top of the truck before installing the panels, was a pain lol

WOODY2

Adventurer
PPS, now that's a good one. One could have a Titlest, Goodyear or Red Bull version as the situation dictates.

Zam15

Explorer
Getting dialed in! New aux changing, shower room and/or outhouse. Goes up in second and I don't even need to fold it up as it stows away on the top of the flippac
?
saves having everyone climb up into the camper to change.
207510555_10161239824314676_5633495495941374933_n.jpg
205502889_10161239824579676_8593388794258332236_n.jpg

Zam15

Explorer
Added some juice to my solar setup. Picked up a hood solar panel that puts our around 70watts (under the advertised 85w..), also snagged a 100w fold-able panel in case I'm camped in the shade or for an extended length. In total running about 370w, less when in camper is deployed.

IMG_20211216_111954_207.jpg

Zam15

Explorer
With the more frequent fire restrictions every year I decided to pick up a portable gas fire pit, already had a propane tank to match it with.

Unboxed it for a quick test and everything seems to work great!
PXL_20211225_221133021.MP.jpg

WOODY2

Adventurer
With the more frequent fire restrictions every year I decided to pick up a portable gas fire pit, already had a propane tank to match it with.

Unboxed it for a quick test and everything seems to work great!
View attachment 698634
Nice looking fire bowl. What I found with my unit was the location and placement of the pumice stones can really affect the flame.I use a pair of kitchen tongs to arrange the stones while lit.

Zam15

Explorer
Nice looking fire bowl. What I found with my unit was the location and placement of the pumice stones can really affect the flame.I use a pair of kitchen tongs to arrange the stones while lit.
Yeah thinking long term I want a medium that can handle the dirt roads, I would expect these to wear down over time and hopefully not damage the burner... maybe a base of fire wool?

WOODY2

Adventurer
I learned the hard way that uncushioned, one ends up with pumice dust and pieces after a rough trail. I resorted to taking the rocks out and putting them in a tire chain bag. But got to be a pain. So I went to another type of unit that has no rocks, not as esthetically pleasing but much lighter and alot more flame. Crud now even having a fire can be a PIA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier