Zam15’s Tacoma Build

Zam15

Explorer
Last pods delivered! All that's left it to mount the bumper and wire everything up!

We'll see how everything throws after that, what's nice about Baja Designs and Diode Dynamics is that all the lenses are swappable, so if I change my mind I can change any of the patterns or swap from yellow to clear or vice versa.

Currently have SAE Fogs and combo lenses, may look into SAE driving or flood depending. Hope Diode Dynamics matches the number of lens options that Baja has made.

Trying to have optimal lighting for all driving environments, rain, fog, snow, sand storms, open desert, narrow canyons, open roads, tight forest trails.

Bumper was also reworked/trimmed to fix damage, additional antenna/desert flags mounts added to give more options as everything had to be repainted.
PXL_20230310_184929257.MP[1].jpg

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
Love that cab set-up. I am genuinely curious, what made you decide that you needed more lights up front?

Zam15

Explorer
Love that cab set-up. I am genuinely curious, what made you decide that you needed more lights up front?

Old lights were ok, but needed replacing as they were damaged. I found that my previous HIDs lights were not enough in Baja darkness alone, add the previous LED pods and they were ok for close in stuff.

But I also wanted lights I could use on the road, so now have SAE Fogs, now. will likely swap the center pods to SAE Driving to augment my high beams.

Also wanted a wider spread, hence the bumper wing lights for finding camp and seeing off to the side of the vehicle. I also use the backlights as turn signals so that helps with visibility.

Wanted a setup that would work for all conditions, fog, rain, snow, dust, open dessert, open highway and around town.

I've been in rain so bad at night you could not make out the roads or markers, headlights alone were not cutting it.

But yeah, when everything is switched on at once its kind of overkill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz