Zomblance build up

Looks great bro! I love these Ambon builds and so far I am loving the direction your taking!

That roof section make it look like a fortress in there!

polksfinest

Observer
Holly **** are you still in you have got you a nice rig.You'll like the color scheme I think i plan on matching the color of are hard back is in 06 the coyote and flat black. I been good started my own shop when I got out working on diesel trucks called the diesel doctor
moving on with the build after I got the floor and roof done I decided finish the insulation on the inside I used R-max closed cell foam board and sound deaden-er and foil bubble wrap all of this combined should give me an R factor of 17.5
I came to this number by the sound deaden-er has an R value of 2.5 the R-max foam board has an R value of 5 @3/4 thickness double layered the foil bubble wrap with a 1/4 air gap has a R value of 5. I wanted it to be a efficient as possible so my air conditioner would not have to work that hard to cool of the back originally I planned on using a roof top unit so I cut a hole and stuck it up there. Well after I put the lift on I did not like it it was up to high, I wanted to stay under 13.6 for the height of the vehicle.
after I fished the insulating portion I cut the hole for the roof top fan (I must say these things pull some air i bet half the time I will not even need a/c )
Has any body installed a fantastic vent fan and not put one of those fan vent coves on i don't like they way they look but am worried about water when it rains
ema2yme5.jpg
zy6aty9e.jpg
yqaduby6.jpg
vuqagyne.jpg
nureqyny.jpg
a5upavup.jpg
umanuvez.jpg
a3uja3u3.jpg

Last edited:

MrGrimm

Mall Crawler
I like the build you have going on here. It's good to see that you are doing well for yourself. I am still in and about to move to Lejeune next week. Then a deployment to somewhere in Europe due to this Ukraine crap.

polksfinest

Observer
what rank are you now and what unit you going to. Madrea was in Lejeune last time i talked to him kind of wish i would have gone with him he went to MARSOC have you talk to Burns i would not mind talking to him some times i wish i would have stayed in hell i could retire in 11 years that awesome i ran into you on here

MrGrimm

Mall Crawler
I'm a gunny and I am going to 2/2. Burns is over in Lejeune somewhere too. Not sure on the unit but he left SOI about 2 years ago and headed there. Lewis is still in. Delahante is out at 29 palms. Most I know of got out.

Things have changed around the corps...

polksfinest

Observer
i heard it got **************** hell i notice a change while i was still in the boots we got where a bunch of **********'s that would cry to there mommy's every time we where mean to them and got a lot of us in trouble heck some even got busted down for so call hazing

polksfinest

Observer
Well back to the build! In the quest to stay as efficient as possible in all of the sub systems I decided to do radiant floor heating instead of forced air heating. I a checked the amp draw for my heater and with the pump and blower I was pulling 27 amps on high using just the pump to circulate the coolant I only pull 6 amps so it was decided to go with the lesser of the two
erumu3yd.jpg
9asunuta.jpg
2u6utuve.jpg
vy3y6e3y.jpg
a6a2una2.jpg

eru9y2y4.jpg
y9y6ene6.jpg
gyba6yqa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

polksfinest

Observer
I got to say keeping that tubing in its grove was a pain in the a##. I should have researched it a little more and got the right staples it would have made it a hell of a lot easier
Does anyone know of a place besides grainger to get. 12 volt water valves already checked there and they are over 200 a piece looking for something like this
ypevyru7.jpg
jatabata.jpg
qy7yvyby.jpg

polksfinest

Observer
I have thought about it but I don't know if it will work with my time frame and design that I have laid out

flightcancled

Explorer
Awesome!!! I have been wondering about radiant as well! Why not manual valves?

You're not worried about hear loss through the plywood floor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz