ZR2 vs Gen 2 Raptor vs Power Wagon

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Without a doubt! I am just surprised there was so much praise across the board for the simplistic and oldest truck of the group. We just recently purchased a new Power Wagon and after a few days of acclimating to driving it in contrast to our Ford, I am rather pleased with the purchase. We are looking forward to getting it off-road soon so that we can see first hand just how good it really is.

shifty98

Observer
Man those Power Wagons are sweet. I have a new truck crush. Now I just need to wait a few more years so the 2014 ones with the 6.4 come down into my price range. In the meantime I'll be over here in the corner salivating.

Last edited:
Without a doubt! I am just surprised there was so much praise across the board for the simplistic and oldest truck of the group. We just recently purchased a new Power Wagon and after a few days of acclimating to driving it in contrast to our Ford, I am rather pleased with the purchase. We are looking forward to getting it off-road soon so that we can see first hand just how good it really is.

I just got my first PW as well, a 2018. I've already had mine in some pretty rough places. Other than being massive and difficult to turn around on a trail, it has been awesome.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I just got my first PW as well, a 2018. I've already had mine in some pretty rough places. Other than being massive and difficult to turn around on a trail, it has been awesome.

That's awesome, which color did you get? I am actually trying to move some things around so that we can possibly get out this weekend for an overnighter with the dogs.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Car and Driver did a similar drive around 20 years ago in an LX450 and a Range Rover HSE, they went in April/May and were just shy of Happy Valley due to severe road damage from the floods. As I recall the article was titled Labrador Retrievers.

I made the trip up there in the middle of a nasty cold February when the locals advised taking anything up there other than a snowmobile, the warmest we got inside the truck was 64 degrees F.

Beautiful drive and should be added to every bucket list but be prepared to be completely self sustained for at least a week if you break down.

iaLjeuI.jpg

3EXx55B.jpg

Last fill up in Bae Commeau

qVbxvGw.jpg

I should have duck taped the front grill to get a little more engine heat.

UozbJaR.jpg

0Z7UYI8.jpg

Tribute to the Olympics.

Great read.

Very nice, Drei! When I originally read this article last year, made me want to do a similar trip - probably in the spring or fall, though! Hopefully cool enough to not have so many buzzy insects but warm enough to keep the family content.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles