Post Pic's of your Jeep

luk4mud

Explorer
And that is one of the reasons I got rid of steel cable. Took me an hour to unsnag a fellow jeepers line once.

The other is that I consider it to be just plain dangerous when it snaps.

theksmith

Explorer
I'm new to this forum, and I have been lurking for a while. Being a member of NAXJA for over 4 yrs, I have learned alot about the XJ.

I have built mine to be more of a daily driver, go anywhere style. 5spd, and the d30 front, and for now the d35 in the rear. I think I will keep the 35 for now, but I'm on the lookout for an 8.25. Running the stock 3:07's until I pull the trigger on a different axle or just drop in 4:11's both front and rear with LSD.

1zp15s4.jpg

mac

sweet ride! do you have more details somewhere on how that rear ladder setup works? maybe start a build thread over here if you don't already have one on NAXJA.

IH8RDS

Explorer
166i1ao.jpg

How do you like the 96 fender flairs. I swear if mine fall off one more time, that what I am doing. Looks really good.

mac

166i1ao.jpg

How do you like the 96 fender flairs. I swear if mine fall off one more time, that what I am doing. Looks really good.

I like the Flares a lot. After I trimmed the front to match the length of the fenders then color matched to the body. I removed all the factory brackets (which the 10mm bolts usually break anyway) and just replaced them with a bolt and wing nut along with flat washers on both sides. I used 5 per wheel well. Quick to be removed for wheeling if need be and sturdy enough not to fall off like the 97+ years do.

Mac

98JPTJ

Might as well post mine!

Heres my 98 Wrangler Sport with 1964 M416 in tow ascending the Fortune Creek Trail.

Attachments

• IMG_1211.JPG
    IMG_1211.JPG
    822.4 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
theKsmith: NICE Wj, that second pic of it is really cool. I never see those trucks with big meats so it's cool to see one built like that. I like it.

Heres my 98 Wrangler Sport with 1964 M416 in tow ascending the Fortune Creek Trail.
I don't know what it is, but I just really like your Jeep man. I know it's really not that out of the ordinary (and I really don't know how to say that without it sounding bad, I REALLY don't mean it that way) or that Expo blinged out, but it just looks so classic and capable without being to overboard. Plus the trailer is awesome too. MY grandpa would love this cause it would remind him of towing a howie or, how about that, an old military trailer (obviously an older one) behind his flat-fender's in WWII. I guess that's what I like about your truck is how reserved yet capable it looks/is, like the original JP's were. I think everyone here would love GP's stories, damn near everyone has him in a Jeep going full out and geting shot at. He was At Guadal Canal and Pellilou (spelling???) and who knows where else eventualy.

Cheers

Dave

kcowyo

ExPo Original

Very nice set up, excellent work on the drawer/platform system.

I'm envisioning a similar set up to this photo with my Landcruiser and Columbus and possibly a Paha Que add-on room tent. Is that a custom rain fly on your Columbus? And what brand of tent do you have attached to the rear?

I see you're in the UK, which probably means it's not available here...:(

Again, sharp looking set up - :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78