Oztent RV2 First Impressions and Thread

TheGillz

Explorer
Well it's Saturday and I promised the girls we would camp in the back yard when the tent came. Here are some pics of the set up.

First impressions:

First rate quality!
Details are well thought out just like the other review thread.
Small thing but something I noticed and loved was the steaks...they were stout! Looked like 3/8 inch round chromed. Not the 1/8 inch I am used to. Well here are the pics. I love it so far. I'll post tommorow after a night in it.

My daughter with the steaks and misc supplies. (telescoping polls and lines)
Oztent005.jpg

Oztent006.jpg

My 10 year old setting it up.
Oztent007.jpg

Oztent008.jpg

Oztent009.jpg

At this point I helped her hold up the front while she locked the internal frame. Very easy.
Oztent010.jpg

Me standing in the front. I'm 5'9"
Oztent011.jpg

My 10 year old in the back corner, she's about 4 1/2 feet.
Oztent012.jpg

The girls and their neighbor friend.
Oztent014.jpg

Oztent016.jpg

It took about 10 minutes to set up letting the girls do most of it. My wife and I could probably set it up in 5 min or less. So far I love it. We'll see how it sleeps the 4 of us. Me, girls, dog. (wife is out o' town tonight)

TheGillz

Explorer
Impressions of a nights sleep.

Well there was plenty of room for me and the girls to lay, having the dog in there maxxed us out though. I would say though that for this model, you don't really want to be taller than me. I tend to "creep" when I sleep in a sleeping bag(move down slowly) and there wasn't any room for that. My feet hit the other end quickly which stopped the creeping but if I were annoyed by that it could keep me awake. Anyone taller would really maybe want to sleep diagonal, provided the person next to them were considerably shorter.
We loved the large back window and it is perfectly situated, as we slept with our feet toward the door and had a perfect view of the night sky.
For my wife and I, with the kids in the Jeep when actually in the woods, it will be perfect. Room for us, a clothing bag/box and the dog, provided she gets more used to tent camping, she was pretty restless last night, but I chalked that up to her first time.

Off topic: If you have found anything that helps your dogs relax in the tent let me know. I figured doing this in the yard w/ her a couple more times would help.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
there is a new us distrb. and that is who I had bought mine from ....he seems like a nice guy and is working out handling these products along with his own line of tents...
here is his email
sales AT brightpath.us

LUISJG

Explorer
1leglance said:
there is a new us distrb. and that is who I had bought mine from ....he seems like a nice guy and is working out handling these products along with his own line of tents...
here is his email
sales AT brightpath.us

thanks ,will look him up

TheGillz

Explorer
It would be considered bulky. High quality canvas bag it comes in is 7 feet long and i can carry it but it probably weighs about 35lbs. Not the easiest to pack around by yourself.

TheGillz

Explorer
2nd impressions

Well we got to get out and use this tent as a family. I am really pleased and it works beautifully. Here are a couple pics. I hope to get the front room sometime.

Memorial08005.jpg

Memorial0806.jpg

Bonus shot of the beautiful Idaho spring.
Memorial08015.jpg

TheGillz

Explorer
rusty_tlc said:
How to you stow it when you travel? 6'6" is pretty long.

Check my trailer thread for a pic of how I stow it now. I will strap it to the top of the trailer when that's done. I fit it in the Jeep from behind the drivers seat to 12 inches out the back window.

MAN, THATS WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT !!!

It was a great weekend!!

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
...storage, smorage...don't ya'll have 7' between the rear seats and rear doors...Troopy style!

I'm about a day from pulling the trigger on an RV-5....with options....:costumed-smiley-007

-H-

mightymike

Adventurer
How was the condensation?

I'm in the market for a new tent and the Oz Tent seems very nice......The easy set-up and waterproof tent floor are realy nice but the last time I used a single-wall tent in moderately cold weather we were pretty damp due to the condensation.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman