Steel Core security tiedowns?

Is anyone using these at the moment? How do you like them?

They look like a great mix between a tiedown strap and a cable with a lock, without the lock banging around ;).

Thinking about getting a couple sets for fuel, water and cooler since it's even more exposed now than before.

Ideas? Opinions?

Found 'em in the last OJ, page 21, web site is steelcore.net.

-Sean

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Just saw this now.

I have a couple pairs. They're local to us here. They did a photo shoot with my gas cans on my roof INTI roof rack with the Landcruiser we had. They work good .. but getting them super tight was hard for me being up on the roof rack and through 7 gas cans. If they weren't tight as heck, the cans would rattle on the rack. I ended up taking them off and using standard ratchet straps cause it was much easier. I now will use them on the back of the Sportsmobile to lock my fuel and water cans on the bumper.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Sam dropped by today with a few new keys (i misplaced them or sent them with the old key ring with the cruiser). Super nice guy as always.

Couple pics of strap in place..

I have the red ratchet strap around the cans, cause i cant stand rattling. So i want them super tight. The cans never come off the truck since i have a syphon for both water and fuel. So having two straps doesn't make a difference to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman

Members online