Gratemates

J*C*M

Traveller
http://www.gratemates.com.au/

I like this style a little better then the traditional sand ladders. I am looking for something like this in the states, does anyone have any good suggestions.

I'm open to finding a set of good sand ladders too, if anyone has any links would you hook me up.

thanks

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Do a search on here for "waffle board", you'll find plenty of comments and a few sources.

Its basically re-purposed synthetic walkway material, IIRC.

mudbutt

Explorer
10" x 36" X 2" PAIR OF TWO for $100.00 +shipping
12" x 48" X 2" PAIR OF TWO for $145.00 +shipping
Search "bridging ladder" on ebay.

J*C*M, the site you provided says the ladders are only about 1-1/4" thick, and will hold 6600 lbs. I would consider something a little thicker just to be on the safe side.

Last edited:

bluejeep

just a guy
see if you have any 'fiberglass reinforced grating' suppliers in your town. Sometimes they have drops from a full sheet that they would just as soon have you haul off for free instead of waiting on the trash pickup. Speaking from experience here.:victory:

Sirocco

Explorer
as above, its just GRP board. these are very popular here in the UK because they are excellent in the mud. Go for 38mm or 50mm thick. they are fairly heavy mind and with a couple of uses they tend to splinter so you need to be carefull with them.

G

Youngunner

Adventurer
I've got some 2" thick fiberglass grating about 10x48". Has the gritty stuff on it too. Haven't had a chance to really break them in, but I've heard good things. Not too pricy either, maybe 100+ shipping off of ebay.

overlander

Expedition Leader
as above, its just GRP board. these are very popular here in the UK because they are excellent in the mud. Go for 38mm or 50mm thick. they are fairly heavy mind and with a couple of uses they tend to splinter so you need to be carefull with them.

G

Has anyone ever tried to reinforce them in anyway, to improve their longevity? Perhaps some channel bar along their length on the outer edges, or the seagull shaped engineering stakes?

I was sold on getting this stuff until the the overland video that had the ladder comparisons. Hearing the splintering when the JK crossed over them on the bridging test concerns me. My 110 is likely heavier than that JK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger