Let's see your on-board water set-ups!

JKJenn

Adventurer
I am getting ready to begin my M416 build and want to include an RV tank, water pump, and an inlet/quick connect to use with my Camp chef Triton. It got me thinking that some of you have probably learned a few tricks when it comes to connecting all of this stuff (where you mounted your motor, running power from the tongue box to the pump, etc..) so, let's see how you set up your on-board water!

BrettDez

Overland Explorer
No tank for me. I decided to go "simple" for my water solution. These water bricks!

4_Standard_Brick.jpg

I'm just going to load some of these. Portable, easier to carry/fill individually, and the spigot accessory is nice.

http://www.waterbrick.org/products.php

I'd love a sink, pump, and tank. But I figured this will be a nice simple solution. Watching this thread to see what others do though!

JKJenn

Adventurer
Those water bricks are pretty sweet!

I am hoping to:
  • Pick an RV tank on eBay
  • Install my Camp Chef Triton (thanks to a Walmart gift card). I would like to mount it so it can be accessed by either an RV hatch or flip over from inside to outside of the M416.
  • Install a SureFlo pump (already have) and a strainer
  • Install water line in for filling the tank
  • Install a water line out from the pump with a quick connect.

Maybe it is all a bit ambitious, but it seems like it will be do-able. What do folks use for cutting into the M416 tub for compartments and the like? Amy I crazy to think I should be able to do it with a Dremel and a fiber-reinforced cut-off wheel?

I dealt with a punctured Coleman expandable water carrier last year in Cathedral Valley. Fortunately, we had more than enough water and I caught the puncture right away and were able to salvage it with...you guessed it! Duct tape. The Duct tape is still holding the leak, by the way. :)

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
For my trailer I'm building, I just ordered my water tank from Water Tanks.com Pat, who helped me with my order, was very nice, knowlegeable and very helpful. It's easy to get a tank just the way you want it but be warned, once you get done adding inputs, outputs, etc. the price does go up. I ordered a $157 23 gal tank and ended up paying $328 after all was said and done. Good tanks though!

ToolBox Guy

Adventurer
Try here.

http://www.waltsrvsurplus.com/

I set up a 10 gallon water system on my truck with parts from Walt's. Pumps were $75 dollars there 2 weeks ago, and I bought a brand new 10gallon tank for $50.

I did see some new tanks there last week, they were larger than 10 gal.

They are an RV dismantler but, I believe that they will ship your order.

Captm

Adventurer
For my trailer I'm building, I just ordered my water tank from Water Tanks.com Pat, who helped me with my order, was very nice, knowlegeable and very helpful. It's easy to get a tank just the way you want it but be warned, once you get done adding inputs, outputs, etc. the price does go up. I ordered a $157 23 gal tank and ended up paying $328 after all was said and done. Good tanks though!

Ouch! :Wow1: If I may ask, how does a tank double in price?
Cheers

Captm

Adventurer
26 gal tank mounted in my dbl cab with pump and volume tank mounted in the bed. I use as stand alone when camping with in my Flippac or I can can transfer to my trailers tank (30 gal) if we're using our trailer. I have used http://ronco-plastics.net/ for years and highly recommend them. The prices on the web site are list, ask for wholesale or discount price when you order.
Cheers
pump1.jpgpump2.jpg

Last edited:

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Ouch! :Wow1: If I may ask, how does a tank double in price?
Cheers

4 1" fittings at $10 each, 1 2" fitting at $10, $37 for the 4" top cleaning access, $75 for shipping and an extra $13 for handling! So, shipping was the major kick in the side!

Aspen Trails Trailers

Supporting Sponsor
Try Plastic Mart. A lot of choices, more reasonably priced on the tanks and the fittings. Revco is now owned by Plastic Mart. They were very reasonable, but same prices now.

Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12