2006 Converted Sprinter for Sale

BryanI

This is an excellent rig for long road trips with lots of gear! My wife and I lived very comfortably in it for 5 months while traveling from Washington state to central America and back. While not designed for off road use it does have heavy traction tires and we had no issues on muddy steep roads that are common in central America. "Smokey" (nicknamed by our friends for its smokey gray color) is a smooth ride on the highway and sips diesel at 22 MPG.

We bought the rig a couple years ago with 42K miles on it as a cargo van and had it converted at Van Specialties (in Portland, OR) specifically for our trip. It now has 60,000 trouble-free miles and excellent maintenance records. The conversion has lots of creature comforts described on the page linked below and was specifically designed to carry LOTS of toys and provide a comfortable living space. We carried two SUPS, two whitewater kayaks, two mountain bikes, kiteboarding gear, snorkeling gear, 5 wetsuits, flyfishing gear, lots of clothes, spare parts, lots of food, etc and it all stows away out of sight in the generous cabinet space and "garage" under the bed. Plenty of off the grid power with 4 large house batteries and a 145 watt solar panel. This is a rare find and a great deal for folks that like to live and play in the outdoors. We easily have $75K invested in this rig and are selling it now for $48,500.

For more information see http://longroadstt.wordpress.com/smokey/
or e-mail me at bryan.longroad@gmail.com
Thanks.

BryanI

Here's one of the outside (if I did it correctly). There's more at the URL posted. Thanks.
PA180046.jpg

BryanI

A couple pics of the interior. One showing the gear storage under the bed and the other of the kitchen area.

IMG_1048.jpgIMG_1036.jpg

BryanI

It is in Vancouver, WA. It does not have a furnace, but it does have a location in the kitchen cabinet that is ready to install a Webasto diesel furnace. We were going to add one if we decided to keep the van through the winter. There is an electric heater but that only works when hooked to shore power. I have the Webasto in another van (4x4 Ford) and really like it.

BryanI

This sweet camper van is still for sale so I am just updating the post. I thought we had it sold a few weeks ago but the buyer had a large unexpected expense come up that caused the deal to fall through. Lots of information and pictures at the link on my original post. Let me know if you're interested or would like more information. Thanks.

Butch1979

Family Adventurer
I just picked up a 2007 Sprinter a few months ago, awesome platform! Free bump for an AWESOME van.

BryanI

Yes, this Sprinter sold a couple weeks ago and is off on its next adventure in Colorado. Sorry for not posting this sooner. Thanks for all the interest and e-mails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior